Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Connected Attacking
Connected Attacking
Version: 1.03
Originally posted at http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/cogwheel/

Introduction
This is an add-on feature for the RTAB battle system enabling an attack (be it weapon-based, skill or item) to inflict multiple hits. Battle-based recovery effects (heal or potion) also has the ability to perform multiple-hits when used.

Most recent version, released on August 7, 2006, prevents an enemy from escaping during an attack.

Screenshots
None. All you'd see is the skill attack. I coulda used a regular skill if I wanted.

Demo
Barebones Demo
or
CLICK HERE (V 1.16)

Script
In truth, the name was... paraphrased from the original Japanese version. Syntax differences and so on. So, I went with the closest definition.
Connected Attacking (Japanese Version)
Connected Attacking (English Translation)

Instructions
Inserting the script / Compatability Issues

With this script, you can create an attack (or in-battle cure) that inflicts multiple hits per attack. It doesn't do this by editing the skill, item or weapon... but by utilizing the 'FLASH' effects in the 'Battle Animations'. You will have to mess directly with the 'flash' color built into the battle animation system (see the SE and Flash Timing window - Upper Right).

If you look at an average battle animation, you'd note that you will normally see the color of the flash set to 'white' when the 'condition' is set to 'hit'.

Example: Animation 004: Hit
Frm - 003 SE - nuthin' Flash - Target (255,255,255,255)@3 Condition - Hit

It is by creating a flash (a 'none' condition flash) before a 'HIT' flash that you can adjust the damage formula per hit, or even call another SKILL!

How?

About the Red Value

About the Green Value
This also applies to items and weapons. Adjusting the green value for an animation applied to an item also increases/decreases the index of the item called into use BY the animation. You just cannot combine Skill effects AND Item effects and likewise...

The last to values in the flash (blue and opacity) must be set to '0'... (or should be I think) for it to recognize the animation as a 'special' skill-effecting animation.

Let's look below to see an example:

A Cross Cut skill I modified

So, if you wanted to do so, you could make a 'battle animation' call several different skills at the same time.

Compatibility
This script IS pretty basic and has been in use quite a while... and still works with the newest versions of RTAB. Version 1.16 of RTAB includes a fix that makes this script run even smoother.

Credits and Thanks
Gotta thank the creator of RTAB for such a wonderful and adaptable battle system, and Lockheart for coaxing me to look into this script even harder.

Author's Notes
Ain't the author... no notes here.

Terms and Conditions
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Consume Items Patch for Connected Attacking DerVVulfman 0 3,948 03-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman