Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

Those men deserved it, he continued to tell himself. It was either them or me. Them or me. After pulling a heavy rag from his pack, he proceeded to wipe down the blade. Feint traces of blood still lingered, though spotty and looking more like brown rust.

That was one thing he didn’t have to worry about. The sword would never rust like the swords of men. It wasn’t steel or iron or bronze. Still, he wasn’t sure about how strong it was... if the blade was durable or dulled easily.

It sang in the air, arcing widely to the right. He swung the blade without thought or hesitation. It felt natural to slice through the air at the figure just behind him.

The gray shaft was raised in time to stop the glimmering blade, the edge biting into the hardened steel. “Heavens!” the old Guardian muttered, holding his staff before him.

Daniel’s eyes went wide with the stark realization he had almost killed the old man. He was frozen from shock as Marcus stepped back, pulling his staff free.

“Hrm, and I just finished polishing it, too,” Marcus then groaned.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 06:30 AM