Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

Hours later, as the sun began to dip below the horizon, Aric and his men has invaded a small tavern a few miles from the village. They'd already driven out most of the regular customers, and two of them had bodily thrown the owner out just because the could.

Aric Douleurs was well into his cups and still in a foul mood. His followers knew to give him plenty of room when he was like this, and instead they had their fun at a safe distance from him.

His mug was nearly empty when he noticed the lantern flame on the table begin to change color, shifting from the warm yellow to a strange cold violet.

Abruptly he stood, immediately regretting it, and snarled an order to his men.

"Out! All of you, GET OUT! NOW!!"

Aric's men know of his rages. In moments, the tavern was empty save Aric and a strange glowing purple sphere that hovered over the table lantern.

A voice emanated from the ball of light. "I trust all went-"

"What are you necro-bastards trying to pull?!" Aric demanded, alcohol slurring his speech slightly.

"...Explain, Douleurs."

"Birchland was there!"

"He was, was he?" the voice murmured thoughtfully.

"Tell me what the bloody HELL was HE doing there? And in Tomas' bloody colors too! He's one of you!!"

"Were the others with him?"

"You mean the girl and a blasted half-breed who killed some of my men?! What the hell is going on here, Necrordinator!"

"Quiet Douleurs. I take it then you failed to raze the town."

"BLOODY HELL!! You start telling me what the f-"

Aric never saw the force that hit him, but suddenly, he found himself slammed into the far wall. He fell to the floor gasping to recover the wind that had been knocked out of him.

"Aric Douleurs, I see Olan has vastly overestimated your talents. You and your men should have had no trouble dealing with a weak village or those three."

"Wait..." Aric began as he clamored to his feet. "Birchland-"

"-Is a traitor to the Order, Douleurs."

"... you could've told me," Aric muttered under his breath.

"Speak up Douleurs."

"I said I can do this. Me and my men."

"You obviously failed-"

"No again, not this time. Now that I know Birchland's not one of you, there will be no more surprises. Price changes though, I want the girl."

"The girl dies."

"She will. Eventually. But I want her first," Aric licked his lips at the thought.

The voice of the orb seemed to consider this.

"Agreed. But only after her companions are dead."

"Of course. This time-"

"This time you will not fail the Order, Douleurs. Otherwise those favors you have gain from us will be gone, and there are many who would jump at the price that would be on your head."

Aric seethed, but said nothing.

"Goodbye Douleurs. When next we speak, I expect to hear better news."

With that, the sphere went dark and vanished.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 05:49 AM