Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

Before the men had time to react, one was felled after being struck by Marcus's heavy staff. Startled as they were, another backed away only to find his chest impaled upon Daniel's silvery blade. The third stumbled and ran as his comrades slumped to the ground.

Robin didn't have time to react as the panicked thug grabbed her and swung his sword towards her neck, stopping mere inches from her pale flesh. "My lord!" he shouted, alerting every man in his company. "Over here!"

She felt helpless. Unable to do anything. The bastard held her from behind so she didn't even have eye contact with her attacker. Damn him.

Daniel pushed himself away from the house. "Damn you!" he cursed. Marcus's outstretched arm blocked the impatient youth from moving any closer.

"Let the girl go," Marcus commanded, only to get a chuckle as a response.

"Let her go?" The thug responded. Holding her jaw in his other hand, he pulled her face around towards his. "This sweet, pretty thing?" Shaking his head, he bore a wide grin. "I think not."

Gotcha.

The sword slipped from the man's hand and dropped to the ground. Wide-eyed and full of fright, the man shrieked as an unseen terror had him gripped. Robin knocked his hands away and clutched at the sides of his head, never once blinking. Her would-be captor started convulsing as if wracked in pain and his breathing came in rasps.

As she finally let him go, five other men approached with their swords drawn. Aric watched as Robin's victim dropped to the earth, crying in agony as whatever demons too hold of him. Then, the disowned baron noticed someone. Someone he was vaguely familiar with. "Birchland?"

"Yes, Douleurs," the guardian replied. "It's me." Drawing his staff up and taking an aggressive posture, Marcus taunted his rival. Daniel slid towards his left as Robin moved to his right, her sword now at ready.

He was stunned. A trusted member of Olan's order wearing the armor and vestments of his enemy. And on top of that, he traveled with a young maiden and an elf. An elf wearing the armor of a land that hates their kind.

Is that...

"Yes, you bastard!" Robin shouted back, even before he could finish his train of thought. "I'm the one you want!"

The three were ready for a fight, and he had already lost half his men. Aric snarled and started to back away as he noticed more men with rakes, brooms and other makeshift weapons coming from all sides. Pathetically weak riff-raff like them, he could take at anytime. But the way his men were dispatched by these three...

"Move," he grunted as he steadily backed away, never averting his gaze from the flame haired girl with the sword. A few of the townsfolk tried to stop them, but either found a blade striking a limb or a club knocking them aside. Unable to be stopped, they reached their horses and made their escape.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 05:47 AM