Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Lord Tomas turned away, obviously dismissing them. Marcus stared blankly at the scrap of paper that Lord Tomas had handed him, then held it out to Daniel. Daniel's eyes widened in surprise, and Robin peered over his shoulder to read what Lord Tomas had written.

"This..." She said softly, hesitantly. "It gives us access to Lord Tomas' private vault?"

"Yes." Marcus agreed. "This will get us past the guards, and we'll be allowed to take whatever we wish."

"Why?" Daniel demanded.

"Don't ask questions!" Marcus snapped. "Just be thankful that you and your lady aren't going to be executed."

Daniel knew Marcus was right. If Lord Tomas had wished, they would all be dead at the snap of a finger. He felt Robin's hand close over his, and he nodded. "Very well." He said quietly. "Thank you, Lord Tomas. I won't forget this."

Lord Tomas didn't turn around. "Make sure you all come back alive." He said. "I'll want to talk to you when you get back. Now, go. I have things I must do."

Marcus handed the writ to the guards in front of Lord Tomas' private vault. The door was quickly unlocked, and Daniel was the first to pass through. His eyes widened in astonishment as he gazed upon the treasure within.

Mountains of coins and jewels lay on tables in the vast room. But not only that; there were weapons and armor of every kind as well.

In a daze, he approached a well-made sword, whose ornate hilt glistened in the torchlight. Runic patterns were carved into the blade, and the markings glowed at his touch. "It seems that it accepts you." Marcus whispered. "It's an elven blade." He explained. "Taken from an elven warrior many hundreds of years ago. Those runes are imbed with magic."

"Do you think the Lord would mind." Daniel asked, his hand wrapping around the hilt in reverence.

"Whatever you wish." Marcus replied with a grin. He had a feeling that Lord Tomas had counted on the half-elf finding the sword. Such a weapon was suited only for elven warriors, and no one else could do it justice.

Robin was trying on a black cloak that had silver-hilted daggers hidden within the red satin lining. She was smiling with triumph, as if she'd found something that she'd always been looking for.

Then Marcus saw something that caught his own eye; a leather gauntlet with silver buckles. He picked it up, snapping it around his wrist and forearm. The gauntlet fitted him so well that it almost seemed like a second skin. He also picked up the crossbow and the quiver of arrows next to it.

Daniel found a shield with a dragon crest, and he placed it over his arm. His free hand caressed the head of the dragon, an expression of awe on his face. "Should we take any of the coins?" He asked.

"No." Marcus replied. "Leave them. Arming ourselves is all that matters."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:34 AM