Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Robin's face turned pale when she recognized the tall, dark-haired man approaching them. His strong, chiseled face was set in an expression of determination and his almost black eyes flashed in rage when his gaze fell upon her. She barely noticed Daniel's fingers wrapping around her hand. Her heart was racing so fast that she thought she was either going to faint, or die right on the spot.

Memories of what she'd done under Balthus' control kept surfacing into her mind. This man had every right to be furious, and he was likely going to kill her. She'd killed his men. Or Balthus had, but it remained true that her hands were what had committed the deed. She could never hope to even explain the circumstances to him. He wouldn't believe her if she'd tried.

She'd never really thought of Lord Tomas as a cold, unforgiving man, but facing him now, she could only tremble in fear. He stopped before her, and grabbed her chin with a large hand, forcing her to look into his eyes. "So," He said, his deep voice devoid of any emotion, "You're the one."

"Lord Tomas..." Marcus began.

"Be quiet." He ordered. "You can explain yourself later, Marcus. I'll want to know why you're here, and why you're with a murderer. Right now, I have some questions for this girl." His grip on her chin tightened. "You're one of the villagers, right?" He demanded of Robin. "I've always protected you people. What gives you the right to betray me, and kill my guards?"

She stared at him, her voice refusing to work. "Well?" He said impatiently. "I don't have time for this. Either answer me right now, or you'll spend the rest of your days in the dungeon, awaiting your execution."

"Lord Tomas." Daniel said hesitantly. "It's not her fault."

Those black eyes fell on Daniel, and Robin's heart clenched even tighter. If Lord Tomas noticed something different about Daniel, he might be in danger as well. "What do you mean, boy?" Lord Tomas growled. "Of course it is! Several people saw her!"

"I mean to say that she was under someone else's control." Daniel said softly, knowing as he said this that it would be a miracle if he was believed.

Lord Tomas snorted in disbelief. "You must think that I'm a fool."

"It's true." Marcus told him. "Although, I know it's difficult to believe. We shouldn't talk about this here." He glanced around at the guards around him. "If you just give us the chance to explain, I'm sure that you'll understand what's going on."

Lord Tomas considered his words carefully. "You've always been loyal to me, Marcus. If you can explain this to me effectively, I'll reconsider my options. However, if you fail to explain satisfactory, you and the boy will be charged with treason, in addition to that girl. Do you understand?"

"Yes, My Lord." Marcus replied.

"Good. Arrest those two." He indicated Daniel and Robin. "Marcus, come with me."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:32 AM