Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

Daniel's news gave them a sense of hope, but Marcus still had one question. "That's all well and good, lad. But how do we get through?"

"Just close your eyes and try to -" he started.

But Robin quickly cut him off. "Nuh-uh, Danny. I already tried," she said, shaking her head again.

They were so close to escape and yet they couldn't leave. Another phantasmal barrier, just like the chamber below. So effective that even eyes closed the illusion proved real enough. How did I... Daniel's thoughts trailed off.

"Marcus? Do you have something like a blindfold?"

Looking at him with a glint and a grin, Marcus sounded enthused. "You have something?"

"Maybe."

Taking the sharp end of his spear, Marcus cut a long swatch of cloth from his recently donned armor and handed the strip to Daniel. "Hold still," the elf-lad said and tied the strip around Marcus's eyes.

"Danny," Robin complained. "I already tried."

"Not like this," Danny replied. Taking Marcus by the shoulders, he led the blind man towards the wall, stopping mere inches from the corridor beyond. He then pulled at Marcus's shoulder spinning him around towards Robin, then pulled him around again.

"What are you doing, lad? Trying to make me sick?" Marcus protested as he was being spun around like a top. Robin watched as Daniel continued. Over and over Marcus was rotated and with each rotation Marcus complained.

Until Daniel pushed him through.

Her eyes went wide as Marcus disappeared right in front of her. "You aren't gonna spin me around like a top," she bellowed.

Unflinched by her words, Daniel breathed a sigh of relief. He strode to her and reached out as she took a step back. Oh no, you don't, she thought. Undeterred, he smiled and gently wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her close. "Eh?" she piped.

"Alone at last" Daniel took his free hand and covered her eyes. Bending low, he gently brushed his lips with hers. Softly... delicately... Robin wrapped her arms around his neck. Locked in their embrace, Daniel slowly moved from side to side. Robin giggled but didn't care. He was dancing with her.

With more resolve, she tightened her grip as their kisses became more passionate. Robin dare not open her eyes. This world was theirs and theirs alone. The only thing that mattered now was--

"Ahem", a voice coughed.

Startled, she opened her eyes to see Marcus looking at the two of them with an amused grin. "Is that the way you two solve your problems?"

With a frown, she pushed Daniel away and abruptly pounded two fists against his chest.

"Hey!" the startled half-elf uttered.

He looked at her angered expression. Her face was full of rage as she glared at him. You couldn't have waited a few more seconds? Clear as day, her voice sounded even as her lips didn't move. It was then Daniel noticed a glint of silver on her finger.

Robin drew a wide smile as she shared one more thought with him. Blockhead.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 05:26 AM