Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Marcus stared after Tiberius in astonishment. How...? He hadn't even broken the seal! This was not good. He was sure there was no way out of that room without coming back this way, but he couldn't be positive. Even if Tiberius did come back out, what would happen then?

He gritted his teeth, angry at himself for letting Tiberius go in there alone. He should have just shot the fiend with the crossbow, then used his blood to break the seal. Tiberius kept escaping death, and right now, that could prove to be a very big problem.

Never mind the fact that Tiberius might find a way to return control completely to Balthus. The little worm clearly had goals of his own. He had to get in there somehow, and stop Tiberius. But how? He didn't trust the seal or the trap that Balthus had set.

"So, it's Balthus, huh?" Daniel said thoughtfully. "I should have known it wouldn't be as simple as pulling off the ring."

Flustered, Balthus glared at him behind Robin's eyes. "You're never getting her back." He growled at Daniel. "Never! You should just head back home, half-breed and forget about her! While you're still alive, anyway."

Some inner battle seemed to be going on inside Robin's body, because Balthus seemed incapable of attacking him. Daniel smiled. "She's still fighting you, isn't she? Robin, don't give up! I'll find a way, I promise."

Balthus needed the ring to have complete domination, but Daniel had seen Marcus pick it up off the floor. That meant that Balthus had no current way to reach it. He couldn't fully subdue Robin. Daniel knew that destroying the ring, or 'losing' it somewhere wouldn't be a good idea. The ring might be the key to breaking Balthus' hold on Robin forever. Nothing could happen to the ring until they knew for sure.

"You little--" Robin's body lurched to its feet, and Daniel dodged the blow. For some reason, Balthus lost his balance, teetering unsteadily for a moment. Daniel watched in astonishment as it fell forward. He grabbed Robin's body, just before she struck the floor face first.

It seemed Balthus had less control than even before. He couldn't even make Robin's body move the way he wanted it to. "I didn't ask for your help, half-breed." Balthus snarled.

"I'm not helping you." Daniel said coldly. "I just don't want Robin's body injured." What was he supposed to do now? He couldn't just leave Robin and Balthus here. Somehow, Balthus might find a way to subdue her again. "Come with me." Daniel ordered, drawing Robin's body to its feet. "If Marcus hasn't figured out a way past the seal yet, you're getting us inside."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:14 AM