Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

He started to protest, but Marcus interrupted, "It's blood magic, Tiberius. A hobby of yours, as I recall." The dark sarcasm in his tone told Tiberius that the Guardian had heard about his "experiments" with the old magics, as messy as they were. "You've got your catalyst, now get started."

"Is that what this is?" Tiberius demanded, holding out his wounded arm accusingly.

"Certainly not volunteering my blood. And I said get started. Time is limited." Marcus leveled the crossbow at the old man, making it perfectly clear that discussion was over.

Tiberius knelt down and began to study the seal while trying to ignore the throbbing pain in his bleeding arm. For a moment, he hazarded a backwards glance and saw Marcus leaning against a nearby wall, crossbow still aimed at him and watching him like a hawk. The ring was nowhere to be seen, either hidden in the clod's fist or possible in a pocket. Damn Marcus. Damn him and all his patronizing bullying. Before this was over, Tiberius would make him suffer tortures immeasurable.

He turned back to the door.

As much as he was loathe to admit, Balthus' work was exceedingly well done. The seal was obviously created by a master, simple, yet perfect. It would lash out at anything living that touched it with a primal fury that the old man had to admire.

And beyond was Balthus inner sanctum - a place full of the master's works, his studies, his notes, even his finest creation... Tiberius' mouth practically watered at the thought of delving into those secrets. They'd be lost on that Guardian clod. Gods, he's probably burn then without a second thought and that couldn't be allowed to happen.

Well, he would break the seal, if he could. And if Marcus is as inept with magic as he suspected, he might even be able to lay a trap and gain the ring as well as all of Balthus' treasures.

"BALTHUS!! DAMNIT!!"

Robin screamed out into the darkness of her own mind. She didn't care what he said, she could still feel the presence of those who came before her. They were muffled now, like something was blocking them out, but she could still feel their strength coursing through her.

Unfortunately, it wasn't doing a bit of good. Balthus, even weakened, was still managing to cling to his hold on her body and what he was doing made her sick.

He had Daniel wrapped around "her" little finger. She had to do something.

She couldn't regain full control. Not for any length of time.

But maybe if she had a moment...

Daniel opened his eyes and gazed at Robin, gently stroking her cheek. "Hold on a little longer," he said softly.

"Daniel?"

"Yes?"

"I...want to kill you and eat your organs," she blurted out.

Well, Robin thought smugly, if that doesn't get his attention, nothing will.

Daniel blinked. Robin looked as surprised as he did, maybe even more so.

Then he groaned. "Balthus again."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 05:12 AM