Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Robin drew back from Daniel's arms, her eyes locked on his face. "Daniel." She said softly. "I'm going to tell you this, before Balthus takes control again. Do not follow. I'll be fine. Do you understand me?

Daniel gritted his teeth, unable to believe that he was hearing her correctly. "If you think I'm going to stand by, and let your body be taken over by that--that creature!--you don't really know me, Robin. I won't rest until I've freed you!"

"Daniel...You don't understand! You can't handle him! He's too strong! This is a battle I must fight alone."

"And you don't understand, Robin. I may not be strong, but I never give up on my friends. Balthus isn't going to take you from this place, so you don't have to worry about me following you. I'll just rip his spirit from your body. Right here!"

She began to laugh, but it wasn't Robin's laughter that echoed through the corridor. Balthus had returned. Daniel's eyes narrowed, as he backed away. His hand gripped the spear in his right hand, although he knew that he couldn't use this weapon to pierce Balthus' heart. He would end up killing Robin instead, as Balthus would just flee at the moment Daniel tried something like that. To destroy Balthus, he would have to do it on a spiritual level.

Without taking his eyes off Balthus, Daniel peered at Marcus. The old man was breathing hard, clearly in pain. "Can you fight?" Daniel asked him softly.

"I don't think so." Marcus admitted. "I'm nearly at my limit."

"Then do me a favor, find the key to end this. Balthus won't leave this place, if I can help it." He twirled the spear in his hand, extending the blunt end. "You know I won't hurt Robin." He growled at the man inside his friend's body. "But I'm not going to let you take her out of here. Do you understand me, Balthus?!"

Balthus laughed at him. "And what do you intend to do with the blunt side of that little stick?"

Daniel smiled, a sight that chilled even Marcus' bones. "You'll find out in just a moment. Go, I'll handle this. I'll meet up with you as soon as I can." Marcus stared at him hard for a moment, then nodded in understanding.

"You hope to find the spell, eh?" Balthus sneered. "Half breed, you don't have a clue. This can't be undone. But you can! However, I won't bother picking on Marcus right now. He can search all he likes, but he's not going to find anything. Besides, I'm going to have fun destroying you."

"You won't get the chance." Daniel told him, raising the spear. "Robin, I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing to her for?" Balthus demanded. His confusion gave Daniel his chance. With the blunt end of the spear, he knocked Robin in the side of her head. For a moment, Robin's eyes were filled with disbelief. Then she fell to the floor.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:07 AM