Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

"Are you MAD? You can't do that!"

"Why not!?"

"Because Balthus made it! When he was in his prime! You can't just break that on a whim! It's too strong!"

"Have you tried?" Marcus asked calmly.

"Wha... of COURSE I haven't tried. I am not so eager to throw my life away!"

"Then tell us-" Daniel began.

He stopped as he felt it, a wave of force that rippled through the cavern like a booming sound that could not be heard.

"Marcus-"

"Aye lad, even I felt that. Can't be good."

Daniel turned his attentions back to Tiberius. The old man looked even more shaken than he did moments earlier.

"What was that?" Daniel demanded.

"I... I don't know. But I think..."

"Tell me!"

"Balthus is coming."

"Figured as much," Marcus grumbled. "Let him up Daniel. We need to go."

"Go where?"

"That way," he answered and pointed towards the source of the ripple.

"You're insane!" snapped Tiberius.

"Probably."

More than probably, Marcus thought to himself. No armor, barely a handful of weapons, and the company of a backstabbing coward, and yet the mission goes on.

It's the stuff legendary massacres are made of.

Of course, there's Daniel. He's the only advantage we might have. His ties to the girl... well he thinks they're strong enough to break Balthus hold and he may be right, but...

Eric would have been about his age... no, a little older maybe. So different and yet...

He shook his head. This was not the time to be living in the past. There was only the fight and the now. The past was gone and the future would entirely be dependent on what happened here today.

A second wave rippled through the cavern and with it, the sound of steady footsteps approaching slowly.

"Gods protect us," Marcus murmured under his breath as he unslung the crossbow and loaded it. This one was a well made one, better than he expected from Tiberius, but it had the same limitations as all crossbows: most of the time, you only got one shot, so make it count.

The footsteps drew closer.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 05:02 AM