Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Daniel stared at him, surprised by Marcus's vehement words. "Robin's still in there somewhere." He muttered. "I heard her. Just for a moment, but it was enough. We can still have her."

"It's time you gave up on your friend." Marcus snapped. "You're not going to be able to beat Balthus. No one can now. He has what he came for. And now, it's not just us any more. The whole city is in danger. Maybe the entire continent. If you hadn't interrupted me, I might have been able to finish this.

"But no, you had to open your mouth, and the opportunity was ruined. Whatever happens now is your fault. Do you understand that, boy?"

Daniel looked down at the ground, his hands trembling. "I won't give up." He whispered, then glanced back up at Marcus, his chin set stubbornly. "I won't give up! Robin and I grew up together, but it's more than that now. More than--more than the feelings I have for her.

"Balthus has seized her soul, but she still fights. She hasn't given up, and neither will I! The fight might be stupid and pointless, but I'm not going to just stand by, and leave her to fight him by herself.

"You say I can't defeat Balthus now, but I don't believe that. Anything can defeated if you have the strength to do so. Sometimes, you just have to be more stubborn than your opponent. And I am. I also have much more to lose."

Marcus stared at the half elf, more than a little amazed. The boy's determination still hadn't waned. If anything, Balthus' escape seemed to have fueled it. Marcus found himself admiring his candor. "Okay, Daniel." He sighed. "I understand. But, now we must figure out our next move. And I haven't a clue as to what happens now. I can't even say for sure where Balthus might have gone."

"I can tell you." A low voice said hesitantly. They'd forgotten about Tiberius! Marcus couldn't believe that he'd been so stupid. As far as he was concerned, Tiberius was still the enemy. But...

Daniel kneeled on the ground, seizing the cloth around Tiberius' throat. "Where?" He growled into Tiberius' face.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 04:35 AM