Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Marcus knealed beside Daniel in concern, lifting his upper body carefully. "Can you hear me, boy?" He asked quietly.

Daniel's eyes lifted wearily. "I'm sorry. The screams are just so loud. I don't know how long..."

"Don't worry. I think I can stop the din. At least for a little while. Long enough for us to get out of here."

"How?"

Marcus smiled. "Elves are part of nature, and even corrupted nature such as this can affect them." The words seemed directed at himself rather than Daniel. "But you are also half human, which will help us here."

He placed a hand on Daniel's head. "Close your eyes, Daniel. Relax. I'm not going to harm you."

Daniel closed his eyes, and immediately felt a warm sensation flowing through his skull. The feeling was pleasant and soothing, and soon the screams of the souls locked in the crystals was diminishing. He could still hear them, but they were so soft now that he could almost forget about them.

"That should do it." Marcus told him. "Feel better, Daniel?"

"Yes. What'd you do?" He was able to sit up on his own, although his head felt rather light.

Marcus stood up, nearly stumbling in exhaustion. "It's always good to know a little something about everything." He said cryptically with a wink.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 04:32 AM