Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

"Tiberius." Marcus growled. "What did you do to the boy?"

Tiberius shrugged, glancing down at the prone figure of the boy. "I didn't do anything to him. He collapsed all on his very own."

Clearly, Tiberius was telling the truth, but Marcus didn't trust him. "What are you and Balthus planning?"

"You'll be dead long before you can figure that out." Tiberius sneered. "Balthus told me how much of a traitor you are."

"And you trust Balthus?" Marcus asked incredulously. "Look, Tiberius. He's just using you. I can't imagine what he's after, but you're just a means to an end. That's all. When you've outlived your usefulness, he'll kill you."

Tiberius grinned. "Not if I kill him first. Trapped in that weak little girl's body, his strength and power will not be at its maximum. I may follow his orders for now, but I'll get what I deserve."

"And what is that?" Marcus demanded. "Power? Eternal life? Whatever it is, is it really worth the price of your soul?"

"Unlike you, Marcus, I'm not too concerned about my soul. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I don't have one."

The ring! Robin is wearing the ring... Daniel remembered seeing it on her finger. The same one that Robin's mother had given her. He wasn't sure why he'd dream of that day, or what happened to Robin afterwards, but he was pretty sure that it was a true dream.

The ring was supposed to protect her? It hadn't done so up to this point. Protect her from what? Balthus? Maybe...but there seemed to be more to it than that. At the moment, his brain was too fuzzy to figure it out.

The screams of the souls trapped in the crystals were so loud and insistent that he could barely hear Marcus and Tiberius. He knew the old man was in trouble, but he couldn't get his brain and body to respond. He was stuck there, lying on the ground. Move, you useless piece of meat! He told his body in frustration. Pick yourself up! You can't do anything for them. They've been dead a very long time.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 04:30 AM