Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

He felt the walls press against his shoulders; there was no more room to back up and the dead man loomed over him. Now lacking space for a wide sweep of the spear, it raised the weapon high to bring it down for a killing blow...

But not before Marcus grabbed the shaft from behind and landed a kick to the back of Krieger's knee. The joint buckled and the dead man started to fall and as he did, Marcus twisted the spear from his grasp.

"Nice job Lad, now get away from him!"

Daniel didn't need to be told twice. He dove past the off-balance adversary and only skidded to a halt once he was a few yards away.

Krieger had gotten to his feet faster than the boy expected. His greying face still flat and emotionless as he strode towards Marcus. The Guardian whirled the spear around in a rapid arc and used it to attack Krieger's leg again. There was a sickening sound of impact and the joint failed completely, sending the dead man tumbling to the ground. Marcus didn't even pause but brought the weapon around again and drove it down on the fallen foe, then barely dodged out of the way of a flailing arm as Krieger's body struggled to its feet.

"Damn, this is useless."

The half-elf looked at him in surprise. "Useless?"

"That thing can't feel pain," answered Marcus. "Slashing it, stabbing it, that won't stop it. You have to break the bones or take off the head, and about all this spear is good for is maybe pinning it to the wall for a minute tops."

"What if we got around him?"

"He'd still follow... but he is slow. Worth a shot."

"I guess I'll distract him again."

"You sure?"

"Mm-hm. Remember, I'm younger and faster, old man."

"Hey!"

Daniel was already moving forward, presenting a closer target. So far, Krieger had shown the imagination of a rock and as expected he lunged after Daniel with a kind of limping gait that told Marcus he'd done more damage to the knee than he'd initially thought. Thoroughly focused on the target in front of him, Krieger didn't notice the Guardian slip past.

Marcus paused to look back. "Come on Lad," he murmured, "you can do this."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 04:26 AM