Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

The rungs were mildly warm, much to his surprise, almost as if they had an energy flowing within their crystalline structure. However, the female vessel that held Bathus' spirit was already at the top, and he had no choice but to follow.

He found himself in another large crystal cavern. Light from his torch endlessly flickered off the many facets that surrounded him, making the walls feel even more alive than before.

"It is alive," said Bathus, as if reading his thoughts. "Or something close."

"Alive? How?"

"I do not know. I discovered the caverns many years ago, back when I was still mortal. I had hoped to glean the energy from these very crystals, but alas, my time was cut short before I had finished many experiments and the old entrances collapsed by self-righteous fools."

"Master Balthus, if I may ask..?"

"Yes, my seal contains crystal from these caverns. Very astute."

"I see."

"Do you? It is nothing. We have not reached my finest discovery yet. The true treasure of these caverns." Balthus paused. "Something troubles you Tiberius?"

"I was...merely thinking about Brother Marcus."

"You mean the spy?"

Spy? Tiberius paled. Marcus? Oh no.

"Oh come," Balthus sneered. "Tell me you've figured it out by now. Your Marcus has been a Guardian spy since he joined your ranks two years ago."

"Guardian...spy?" the old man stammered, "But Guardians.. I didn't think there were any left, and... and they're supposed to be noble!"

"Apparently not too noble to cheat. Come now Tiberius, I can see it in your head: haven't you ever wondered why he always insisted on going on assassination missions alone?"

"I thought he just enjoyed the kill! And he was thorough. The bodies were... never... found..." As the words left his lips, Tiberius winced. How could I have not seen it?

"Perhaps there were no bodies to be found, eh Tiberius. Don't worry, his mind is nearly as open to me as your is and he was easily played."

Balthus paused to chuckle. "For a moment, I even had him convinced that your Ordermaster Olan sent this pitiful girl and her yammering half-breed against him. And he has been useful as a distraction, despite his 'noble mission'. Now at the very least he will offer us some entertainment since he is no longer a threat. I understand the Necrordinators have new techniques that are quite painful and effective and I would love to try them on our spy. I wonder how long he'll last?

"As for the boy," Balthus-in-Robin continued, "even though I believe he should be killed immediately, I also believe loyalty should be rewarded. You may have him and do whatever you wish."

"Thank you. I am honored Lord Balthus."

It was then Balthus stopped so abruptly, Tiberius nearly bumped into him.

"My lord?"

"It's nothing," the girl said as she massaged her forehead. "A headache, nothing more. A very SMALL headache. It will not bother me further."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 04:21 AM