Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Daniel found himself in what looked to be an ancient, long-unused dungeon. Well, that was his first impression, anyway. The more he looked around, the more unnerving his situation became.

The robed man, or rather 'Marcus' was lying spread-eagle on a wooden table, shackled by chains on both wrists and ankles. Around his neck was steel ring, fixing him rigidly in place. As uncomfortable as Daniel was, he imagined that Marcus must be even more so.

Daniel had merely been tied up and discarded. The other robed man seemed to have very specific plans for Marcus. "Where's Robin?" Daniel demanded.

"I don't know." Marcus admitted. "Although, I don't think she's 'Robin' any more. She's wearing Balthus' Seal, so it's more than likely her mind has been taken over by Balthus. That would make sense, as Balthus supposedly discovered how to transfer his life force into an object."

"He what?!" Daniel demanded. "Where did you hear that?"

"The Records spoke of Balthus' experiments." Marcus explained. "He wanted to give himself eternal life. Instead, he discovered a way to house his soul inside a container. That ring your little friend was wearing."

"But--" Daniel shook his head, unwilling to believe that Robin was lost.

"Believe it, boy." Marcus said. "Why would I have a reason to lie? I'm certainly not in the position to benefit from such a falsehood. I'm probably in much more danger than you are."

It certainly did seem that way, but everything had been so messed up since they're arrival, Daniel wasn't taking anything for granted. As far as he knew, Marcus being manacled to the table might also be a trap.

Well, the first thing he need to do, was figure out how to get his hands freed. His sword had obviously been taken. However, there might be something else in the room that he could use to cut the ropes.

"What are you doing?" Marcus asked as Daniel began to move about the room, searching for any sharp object he could find.

"There must be something to cut the ropes..." Daniel muttered, noticing what looked to be a large cabinet leaning against the wall.

"Don't touch that!" Marcus cried out, straining his neck to watch Daniel. "That thing is dangerous! If--"

"What is it?" Daniel asked, not quite backing away from it.

"It's an Iron Maiden. A torture device."

Daniel studied the thing for a moment, considering. "A torture device?" He said to himself. "How does it work?"

"The cabinet closes in on its victim, and pierces them with swords or nails." Marcus told him. "If you open it wrong, it could slam shut on you. You wouldn't be able to help your friend then, would you?"

"No." Daniel agreed. "But, if I open it correctly, I might be able to cut the rope around my wrists."

"Find something else." Marcus suggested. "You don't want to mess with that."

Daniel stared at him for a moment, indecisively. "How do I know you're not lying?"
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 04:16 AM