Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

How can you stand that boy? the oily voice of Bathus whispered in her head.

Shut. Up. She thought back as she continued to search.

Except for his eyes, he's useless. Of course, I know how we could take them and use them ourse-

"I said SHUT UP!" Robin snapped out loud.

Daniel's head jerked up in surprise.

After a moment, he asked "Balthus again?"

Robin nodded. "He's getting louder. I guess because we're close."

Though he didn't say anything, this worried Daniel. Balthus in general worried him, and the fact that he seemed to be getting stronger was even worse.

Problem was, there didn't seem to be a way around the symbol that blocked their way, and going back wasn't an option either. There had to be another way, through.

Unless...

He picked up a small rock and tossed it up and down a few times.

"I think I have an idea..."

They should be there by now, though the robed man in the shadows. Just a few more moments and-

The metal rod swung out of nowhere, aimed at his head. He barely lurched backwards out of the way in time, nearly tripping over himself in the process. He struggled to regain his balance as the rod swung downward again, slamming into the arms he'd raised protectively in front of him. The force of the blow sent him sprawling on the dirt, his forearms throbbing in excruciating pain.

"Don't move, Tiberius," his attacker ordered.

The robed man's eyes narrowed. "Marcus, I should have known. And here I thought Tomas had sent you to Sarrs."

The second robed man looked down and him over the rims of his thin glasses. "Goes to show you can't believe everything you hear."

"Still Olan's attack dog I see."

"Woof woof," Marcus said sarcastically. "Been expecting you for a while Tiberius. I knew you couldn't resist a prize like this.

"It is ours by right."

"Just because Balthus was a Necrordinator too doesn't mean his tainted treasure belongs to you as well. So, were the children a distraction or are you that hard up for help?"

"The boy and the girl?" the old man smirked, "No they're not mine. Not yet at any rate. They seem to have been more than a match for you, eh?"

Marcus tried to ignore the bruises from his encounter with the two earlier. "Maybe Tiberius. But I'll deal with them after I'm sure you won't be causing any more problems."

From somewhere in the caverns, a sound like a thunderclap shook the very floor.

"Oh dear," Tiberius oozed, a terrible grin spreading across his face. "It seems the two lambs found one of my traps."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 04:11 AM