Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
2)

Uncomfortable in the confined space of the stone passage, Daniel kept his eyes peeled for anything that remotely looked suspicious. Unlike the previous chamber and the stairways before, the floor was made of cobblestones and any one of them could be a trigger.

Just follow the light, he thought. As dark as it was, Daniel could see a faint reddish trail. Every step that the red-robed man took left a warm footstep among the cold stones. Even if the man was somehow able to fly, he could follow him in this dank tunnel as a misty crimson trail snaked down the corridor. It was the gift of seeing warmth itself, and it was one time that Daniel didn’t curse being part elf.

Looking back, he made doubly sure that Robin wasn’t falling behind... or worse.

She was only a couple yards behind when he threw a glance back in her direction. With a wink, he gave her a warm smile which she quickly returned in kind. He then tore his attention away and back towards their goal. Drawing himself back to reality he continued to watch for any dangers that lay await. All the while, Robin stayed close behind.

Dear child. After learning about his little meeting, you may not wish to dismiss me so readily.

The raspy voice in her ears was strangely polite. Robin knew that Balthus would try to threaten or persuade her at any costs to stave off his coming demise. He’s been a burden along her matriarchal line for centuries, passed on from mother to eldest daughter. Always the daugher, and somehow... always firstborn. And in all that time, he always dominated over their family in some malevolent fashion.

Yet she felt no malevolence this time.

What are you playing at, Gramps? she mulled over for him to hear.

Absolutely nothing, was his reply. But you may want to check on our Necrordinator friend again if you do catch up with him.

Necrordinator? The word careened in her head. They were a forbidden order. Though their stated objective was to free the world from the thread of the undead, they became the threat itself as they used unspeakable means to that end. They became an order as fearful and loathsome as the things they sought to destroy.

Wait! I didn’t see anything about any Necordi- -

But I did, sweet child.
Balthus replied back. You forgot who I was? In a way, I’m touched. The voice inside her head became serene and almost concerned. His meeting with Olan was a veiled message that something large is brewing. I can feel it.

Inwardly, Robin sighed. As much as it tortured her to accept the truth, her quest may have just died. She then realized that she was several yards behind Daniel, she began to pick up her pace.

Honestly though, his voice continued. What do you see in that boy?

“Shut up,” she muttered. She was in no mood to continue that discussion yet again.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by DerVVulfman - 06-25-2009, 04:10 AM