Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

He had some other questions first though.

"Robin, wait.

"What?"

I need to know... how did you... do that?"

She stopped. "Do what?"

"That... mind thing. I could hear you in my head."

"Oh, that."

"Yeah. That. Don't tell me that runs in your family too."

"It doesn't. It just, kinda, a little trick I picked up," she added with a weak laugh.

"Nice trick," he said quietly.

"Hey, came in handy back there didn't it?"

Daniel said nothing.

Robin went on. "I thought it might work both ways, but I never really tried it until now. I wasn't sure, but I guess it worked pretty well."

"So how long have you been poking around in my head?"

"Is that what this is about? Daniel, your by best friend! I'd never do that to you."

"What about Balthus? Would he do that? Is that why he can take over?"

"Of course not!, Now come on Daniel, we gotta keep going. Soon it'll be all over."

That's what I'm afraid of, he thought to himself (he hoped) What's going to happen when this IS over. Balthus is a complete psycho and I have to wonder what's going to happen when we get this thing. If he actually keeps his word and leaves her... what is he going to be? Oh Robin, I know you don't always think things through, but this time...

"Oh great." Robin's voice snapped him out of his thoughts again.

There was a door.

It was massive and it was metal and it positively loomed over them in the gloom of the hidden corridor.

"That... is a big door," said Daniel for no good reason. Robin nodded in agreement.

"So... think we can open it?"

"Can't hurt to try. right?"

Daniel nodded, but that feeling Daniel had earlier was stronger now. That ominous feeling that Robin seemed to miss. Even through all that metal, he could sense a dark... something. He couldn't describe it but he knew it was bad.

And we're trying to open the door, he thought. Great.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 04:00 AM