Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

For a moment, Robin hesitated, her eyes drawn to the prone figure of the robed man. Daniel touched her shoulder lightly to gain her attention. "Let's go." He said softly, worried that she might decide to kill the man after all.

She nodded, although her answering smile was more a grimace than it was pleasant. "I wonder why he was down here, though. He must have been hanging around for a reason..."

"What about us?" Daniel asked her. "Whatever he was doing had nothing to do with why we're here, so just forget about it. Let's just get what we came for, and get out of here."

"You're right." She sighed. "But--" She turned to glance once more at the robed form. "Shouldn't we make sure he doesn't follow us?"

Daniel grinned. "Yes. And I think I have an idea."

Between the two of them, they managed to drag the robed man into the cage, and locked the door before he came to. Just as he was securely inside, he began to gain consciousness. Daniel crossed his arms in front of his chest, while Robin stood beside him. They just waited.

The robed man groaned, holding his aching head as he gingerly sat up. "Wha--?" He glanced around warily, and realized where he was. "You little--"

"Well..." Daniel said with a malicious grin. "How does it feel to be a prisoner inside your own trap?"

The man growled something unintelligible, and Robin laughed. "I think this is actually very fitting." She said to Daniel.

"This isn't over!" The robed man screamed at them. "I'll get you two for this!"

"You'll have to get yourself out of there first." Robin pointed out. "In the meantime, have fun!" She grabbed Daniel's arm, leading him away. The robed man was still yelling curses at them as they discovered a corridor that they'd missed.

Robin gripped Daniel's arm hard. "I think this is it." She whispered, her voice trembling slightly.

"This? But--"

"I can sense something ahead, Danny! I think we're finally almost there!"

"Robin, how can you be sure?"

"Hurry, Danny!" She took off running. Daniel followed after her quickly, hoping that Robin was right, and this would be the end of their journey. However, he also sensed something. Something that he was sure that Robin hadn't. If he was right, their troubles were just beginning.

(kinda rushed since I'm trying to keep the deadline, but having trouble staying connected long enough to work)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 03:57 AM