Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

"True, that is problematic..." he answered, locking eyes with the girl, "but not as much as if I let you two waltz in there uncontested."

The grin windened. "I got it! What say we all speak with Lord Tomas? I know he doesn't like me much, but since you're obviously his favored agents, I can live with another reprimand."

"And leave this place unguarded?"

"Fine, go get him then. Your friend will keep me company. Just as well too... we both know how Lord Tomas feels about elves," he added nastily.

"He's my thrall," Robin snapped, ignoring the brief look of surprise and annoyance that flickered across Daniel's face. "And I'm not about to trust you with my property."

"Just as I'm not ready to trust you with my charge," the man countered.

Robin and the man glared at each other for several tense seconds.

"You know the punishment for treason," said Robin.

"I do," he answered cooly. "But there are greater duties."

"You choose duty to Olan over his Lordship?"

The man's eyes widened. "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME?!" he roared.

"Lord Tomas-"

"Even Lord Tomas doesn't know the name of the Ordermaster!"

Though she tried to hide it, Robin cringed inside. In trying to dig information from the man's mind, she'd picked the wrong bargaining chip. Still, she couldn't give up yet.

"Are you so certain of-"

"You say you have the Sight. Is that what this is? Some trick? Gods, I'm an idiot to let it get this far!"

Any humor the man had left was gone. He gripped his metal rod in both hands, shifting to a fighting stance as he started to move towards Robin. He must have been furious with her, because he either momentarily forgotten about Daniel or misjudged the boy's reach.

Daniel lunged an arm through the cage, caught the collar of the stranger's red robes, and hauled back with all his might. He heard a strangled curse as the man jerked backwards and banged into the cage bars. Daniel hurriedly snaked another arm out and tried to keep him pinned. He immediately realized his mistake: the man was very VERY strong.

"Robin, do something quick!"

He looked past the struggling man at his friend to see if she'd heard him. Something about the way she stood there told him that friend Robin wasn't the one in control any more.

"Crap."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 03:56 AM