Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Stunned into speechlessness, the man could only glance between the two of them. He wasn't sure whether to believe them or not. Sure, they knew of Sarrs, but did they know what was there? He hadn't heard of any relief guards. Although, since he was supposed to be gone, that didn't mean anything.

He glared at the two of them, wondering just how he was going to discover if they were telling the truth or if this was just some fabrication to distract him from his true purpose. "I think that you're just kids playing dress up." He sneered at them.

Robin felt Daniel's confidence dwindling at the stranger's words. "Who do you think you are?" She demanded. "You have no right to talk to us this way. And let him out of that cage! You're preventing us from doing our job."

"What does an elf and a human girl have anything to do with--"

"Believe me--" She growled at him. Danny, don't go faint on me now. I need you to stay strong. "We don't really want anything to do with his business down here, but we were sent because there's been some kind of disturbance upstairs. The Lord doesn't want his precious artifacts to be stolen by common thieves."

"Hmph! As if I could believe that. This fortress is well guarded. No one gets through without his knowledge. What I think is that you're just a couple of servants who thought they could get away with whatever they liked, simply because you found some spare armor." He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Then how would we know you were supposed to be in Sarrs?" She retorted.

"Well..." He paused, pondering this. "I guess you could have overheard my orders." He didn't sound too certain about this, though.

"You were supposed to be in Sarrs as of yesterday." She told him. "As you're already behind schedule, do you really have the time to stand here chatting? Don't you think that you should get moving, before someone notices that you haven't even left yet?"

Hmm. This was an interesting development. The human girl was right, of course. He had to get going. However, he certainly couldn't let them go. Oh no. Even if they were telling the truth about having been sent down, they might go report his presence in the castle. He smiled evilly.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 03:55 AM