• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
1)

"We need to get you a uniform."

Daniel snapped out of his thoughts. "Hm?"

"Uniform," repeated Robin. "What?"

"Just thinking."

"About?"

No use avoiding it. "About... I think maybe we should get out of here. We'll try again another time after-"

"You want to QUIT?" she gawked in a harsh whisper.

"No, but you were already caught once tonight!" he whispered back, "And the plan-"

"That WAS the plan!"

"That was..." Daniel stopped. "How is getting CAUGHT part of the plan?!" he hissed.

"It's... a new plan."

Daniel winced. Here we go again. "And when were you going to tell me about this new plan?"

"Soon. By the way, ears."

Daniel's hands instinctively touched at the sides of his head. Sure enough, one of his gently pointed ears was poking out from under his headband. He quickly tucked it back under the cloth.

"I wish you didn't have to hide them," murmured Robin, " They're cute."

Daniel shrugged. "Well, you know how it is."

"Yeah. Doesn't make it fair though."

"So about this new plan?"

"...Shh, hear that?"

Daniel nodded. "Guard coming. Just one?"

"Yeah, finally. And I bet he's your size too." Somehow, Daniel could imagine Robin was grinning under the helmet.

It has been a mostly boring patrol for the guard now rounding the corner (he'd heard something about some intruder caught at the east gate, nothing to do with him though), so he was more than a little surprised to see one of his compatriots lying in a heap in the middle of the hallway.

"Hey! You okay?" he asked, hurrying over.

The body groaned slightly and stirred as he knelt down beside it. There was no blood, but-

Without warning, the guard felt his helmet being yanked up off his head just in time for his now exposed chin to catch a punch from the prone figure who was obviously not as hurt as he thought. The guard lurched sideways, stunned by the blow, but before he could get up again, a second blow connected with his skull and he was out cold.

"It worked," whispered Daniel, putting down the helmet long enough to help the armored Robin to her feet.

"Of course. Now get his-"

"I said WAIT UP!" a voice interrupted as a second guard trotted innocently around the corner.

For an instant, everyone froze in shocked silence.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by Mea - 06-25-2009, 03:44 AM