Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Name Detector? (More info in thread)
Before I begin, I would like to thank all those who helped me before for the Runic script. Going smoothly so far, that little bugger.
That said... I came across something interesting when I was trying out this certain "Advanced Message" script which was edited, fixed and enhanced by dubealex.

Basically, doing \n[insert Actor ID here] will allow the text box to write down that character's name even though we can already type said name by ourselves.
And there is doing \name[insert name or word here] will give the name/word in a box which is quite important to me.

So... I was wondering... does a script that allow us RPG Maker XP users to do something like this exist? (Note: I Googled as much as I can and found nothing.)
--------
Scenario...

1: This NPC is named "Baku". Yes, that Baku from Final Fantasy IX. I like to use him for examples.

2: I have installed Leon_Westbrooke's "Party Changer" script. Meaning I can set whoever I want as my leader via events (and the occasional script calling).

3: Now let's say my main character whom I will always use as the leader is named "Tiffany" and her Actor ID is "1" and let's say I have a 2nd in command named "Riona".

4: I type in the text box which is Baku's dialogue like... "Hey, little bugger. Are you \n[1] by any chance?".

Result of #4: As a result, the game will detect it and say "Hey, little bugger. Are you Tiffany by any chance?". Right? That brings me to the main questions from #5 onward.

5: Let's say I decided to CHANGE my main character to Riona in-game and THEN approach to talk to Baku instead of staying as Tiffany.

6: Baku will *unfortunately* stick to the dialogue I gave him as "Hey, little bugger. Are you Tiffany by any chance?" because of the \n[1] command.

Conclusion: As mentioned (if a script is needed to be involved especially), is it possible to have the database detect your main character player changes and change the name accordingly to fit the "new character" taking the position of leader? Thus, the title of this thread, Name Detector.

Do let me know your thoughts whenever, please and thank you.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Name Detector? (More info in thread) - by justpassingby - 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The Self Data Suite support thread PK8 0 3,398 07-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: PK8
   [RUBY] Depack Thread Problem Narzew 1 3,935 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Narzew