Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 HEY HEY JAY RAY #3: Niche Shops
HEY HEY JAY RAY #3

Main Street Shops vs. Megamart!

Ok, so... you've killed the gold-pilfering Thieves guild, stolen the ancient Ruby from atop the crown of a long abandoned idol in a temple, found five sowrds that gleam and glow, and you use an axe, or a beautiful set of valkrye armor.. that isn't your, um, er bra size. So you head to the shop, the buy-all, the niche shop in hopes of being able to sale your loot for gold and get that wonderful set of gleaming armor you've had your eyes set on ever since it was forged. Herein lies my question.

Should a game feature the ability to sell all those things to a shop? I mean, an armorsmith might not have a need for some of the things you need, so would you wnt that niche shop to pay LESS for these items?

Can it be set so that strategically placed shops, catering to a sepcific type or specialty item is used, and what are your thoughts on this?

I mean think about it. A food stores might think highly of filed-picked herbs, while a leathersmith might just sneeze a couple of times (ragweed allergies)

What are your thoughts on specialty shops, artifact shops, museums, metal brokers, and all sorts of little niche shops that may only be interested in those specifc items that are in their sphere of influence?

Also, to add another question. Would you have competing locations with different prices for different items per shop? (i.e. "This sword is worth 120 gold in Caladon! Well here in Avalon, it's only worth 90 gold, bub...")
Next: Sug-Sug the Super-Orc!
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
HEY HEY JAY RAY #3: Niche Shops - by JayRay - 01-29-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: HEY HEY JAY RAY #3: Niche Shops - by JayRay - 01-30-2015, 07:43 PM