Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 HEY HEY JAY RAY #2: Inns
I have the same oppinion in this that I have had in the discussion about maps, really:
It depends on the game.

Also, whoever said Inns themself are always save?
I remmeber a game, where a character would sometimes dream during the night.
I remember a game, in which the party got captured in an Inn.
I remember a game in which inns would often tirgger more then just simple healing.

Gameplay design is not the skill that I have the most points in; that would be story - or characters - and that is the foundation on how I design Inns and other possible ways of rest.
I love the element of luck, and like to make use of it where I see fit. But if I can, I want the player to succed or fail based on how well they play - or based on what the plot demands. I don't want punishment to be random chance, unless that is the point of said punishment.
I love your idea with the tents and the various levels of danger, but I would probably not create it myself. Unless I can interwind it with the characters or the story in some way.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
HEY HEY JAY RAY #2: Inns - by JayRay - 01-28-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: HEY HEY JAY RAY #2: Inns - by yamina-chan - 01-28-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: HEY HEY JAY RAY #2: Inns - by DerVVulfman - 01-29-2015, 05:31 AM