Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creator VS Character Identity
Character Names
While I have discussed the fact whether characters should have meaningful names or not on my blog, I find your discussion about whether characters should have names or not in games quite as interesting.

First, my personal thought: I believe characters should have names as I hate it if I have to spend hours trying to come up with a name while all I wanted to do is play a game. It's easy when you can change them but I don't care as much when the characters are decent enough (and if they're not, I refer them to the group of characters I never use).
If their name is imperative to the story, then of course I wouldn't ever allow the player to change it.

Trivia stuff
Then some sidenotes about the FF series you talked about, just as trivia. FF1 had character creation where you had to create your own party so no standard names there. Butz only appears in the American version of the series ^^ The rest of the world gets to play with Bartz. From FFX on I believe, you can't change your character's names anymore.

Does there really need to be a lead character?
Nope. It doesn't matter if there is a lead character or not. Some stories have one and some don't, but a good story is a good story; it's not dependant on whether you have a lead.
Upcoming RPG XP project: Legends of the Flaming Falcons
In a distant future an ancient threat stirs...heroes of old take up their arms once more.
For my writing project that includes my rmxp project I'm also maintaining a private wiki; if you wish to follow me, let me know.
My developer blog can be found here:
http://the-otherworld-tales.blogspot.be/

[Image: Gazeteer%20-%20Pherione.gif]
Gazetteer responsible for Pherione's Developer Interviews. My thread here.

More info or questions? PM me
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Creator VS Character Identity - by Kain Nobel - 07-14-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Creator VS Character Identity - by Pherione - 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM
RE: Creator VS Character Identity - by Samven - 07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Creator VS Character Identity - by Taylor - 07-14-2012, 11:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   FPS Creator NOW FREE!!!! JayRay 15 26,820 01-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Dr. Schnellinger
   FPS Creator and RPGMod JayRay 4 7,016 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM