Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 How strategic do like your battles?
A lot of people, including me, like strategic battles in games. When you're not just spamming either the attack command or the same cheap but effective spell, over and over and over and over again. But there's gotta be a level between strategic and fun, and just plain menacingly cruel.

Me and my game friends, for the most part, prefer higher difficulty and planning. We're all from the Nintendo Hard era, and purposely search out games that bring out the frustration of Nintendo Hard (though, preferably with a good excuse). RPGs that make you think 5 moves ahead or get killed by a random hamster are fun. I find many RM games are simply too luck based, it either goes your way or doesn't, with nothing you can offer but hope the coin toss comes out in your favor. And quite honestly, a lot of games come of as too easy to be challenging or fun, and unless the story is good, and the characters pop, I'm gonna feel less likely to play. So, tell me where you stand. I wanna know how much strategy and hair pulling is too much.

Do you want to think 8 moves ahead. Do you want to combine chains of actions, this guy using a debuff, that one exploiting it, and a third finishing it off - all not to kill, but simply to do considerably more damage. Or do you prefer it if planning ahead and combining chains is simply casting Invisible than Doom to easily kill off most anything?

Is it more fun being under powered, or over powered?
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
How strategic do like your battles? - by Jacket - 04-13-2011, 10:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Multiplayer Turned Based Battles? thephantom 4 6,160 04-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Last Post: thephantom