Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines.
The RMVX mapping tools in my viewpoint were more a downgrade from XP's, though others may feel otherwise. I prefer more control on what I draw and yes... I tend to be meticulous. I want to be able to switch from one actual layer to another rather than having the map design engine 'autoadjust' for me.

Think they shoulda had a [beginner/advanced] button in the map design window somewhere?

I also miss good old terrain tags that have been around for a while, as well as a full blown 640X480 window. I know they scrunched the size down by a couple tiles wide and tall and removed some map features to speed up the frame rate, but I worked to re-install terrain tags (successfully) and got no speed degredation. I think they should have kept the map features that were in XP and just optimize the default scripts.

XP Kobold. For a looping map, I really... REALLY... recommend MGC's Mode7 scripts. Besides the Mode7, it has a great maploop system. Happy

Oh, and the debate on the RTP Graphics? Big whoop. Don't we all try to find better graphics anyway?? Tongue sticking out
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by DerVVulfman - 11-28-2009, 01:13 AM
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by Guest - 01-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Peer pressured badly to switch engines? kyonides 32 12,481 01-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel