Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines.
Tileset changers don't have to be tedious at all, I think. If you make sure that the new tileset has the same passability settings as the normal one, then there is no problem.

I do agree that the limit on the tilesets was stupid, though. Why wasn't there an option to make TileF, TileG, etc.? We could've gone to TileZ and be very happy about it. This is the only thing of RPG Maker VX that REALLY bugs me.

My own RPG Maker VX project does aim for quite some playtime (my goals is 5-10 hours). I do think it's possible, you just need to find the right resources and have some practice with VX before you can make the best out of it.

And for the people who can't use tileset changers: we also have parallex background maps! Those work perfectly and just need some invisible tiles to indicate what area does what. The only downside is that you can't use normal parallaxes anymore, unless you know how to script that.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by aerendyll - 01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
VX versus XP. Your view upon the two engines. - by Guest - 01-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Peer pressured badly to switch engines? kyonides 32 12,343 01-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel