Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Grouping and Details
Grouping and Details
Version: 8.1

Introduction
This system rewrites the Item and Skill and Equipment menus (and Item and Skill Battle Menus) to subdivide them into smaller categories (Fire spells, Healing Spells, Limit Break skills... or Battle Items, Armor, Keys and Potions). This system also permits you to have an extra pop-up display that delivers MORE information on each item, which may include additional lines of detailed information from a custom .rxdata file

Basic Overview
Basic overview of the system's features

Screenshots
You got a couple

Demo
Grouping AND Details Demo
(or one that's 'encrypted' to show it working in the compressed format)
Grouping AND Details Encrypted
(Includes Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script... no real coding required to get 'em to work together.)

Instructional Manual
The newly revised configuration system is VERY easy to understand.
Some stuff on how it works...
Main Topics in the Config section

Permissions
^_^ I got in touch with jackatrades for permission to use his script, as well as Armor Nick and Me?.. I didn't realize I was using Mr. DJ's translation at the time of the first posting, though this ERROR has obviously been corrected :whistle: And as far as the KGC scripts themselves? Hardly any of the key material would resemble the original sourcecode by now. Practially an original work now.

But, for those who want a learning experience I highly recommend examining and/or trying out the original scripts just to see how these scripts WERE merged.

Compatability
This script is not FULLY SDK compatable (just mostly compatible), because four defs within the system could 'not' be ALIASed. It was necessary as these are required in the item and skill seperation routines for the Grouping system.

Compatability
Text to RGSS will be required to convert properly formatted .txt files into the used .rxdata files. The new system allows your details data to be encrypted with the rest of your game.

Terms and Conditions
This system is available royalty-free, and is permitted for commercial use. However, no warranty on this system is expressed or implied.

What is required as conditions for use is due credit. Not only for myself as the lead scripter for this script but credit for other scripters who had a hand. Jackatrades for the initial development of the details system, Me™ for graphic support in this system. And to dj Marimba, Allerka (of Creation Asylum), Zafrod, Landarma and Cloud500 for system design, development and beta-testing. And to Panchokoster for finding a few compatability bugs.

My References:

Item Detail View by jackatrades
Skill Detail by Me™
KGC_SkillGrouping translated by Armor Nick or Mr DJ (they both worked on their own versions).
KGC ItemGrouping translated by Mr DJ

[Image: xp_warning.png]
Image has link to Enterbrain's Download Page
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Grouping and Details - by DerVVulfman - 03-05-2008, 07:01 AM
RE: Grouping and Details - by Xuroth - 02-22-2011, 06:02 PM
RE: Grouping and Details - by DerVVulfman - 02-22-2011, 10:12 PM
RE: Grouping and Details - by Xuroth - 02-22-2011, 10:53 PM
RE: Grouping and Details - by DerVVulfman - 02-23-2011, 04:09 AM
RE: Grouping and Details - by DerVVulfman - 04-13-2011, 04:48 AM
RE: Grouping and Details - by DerVVulfman - 04-14-2011, 04:27 AM