Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Introducing RM2k/3 users to RMXP or RMVX?
Quote:Yes you can, you can do real time, valkyrie profile, guitar hero-esque system, etc.! ZOMG! Eventing is so awesome since you can apply programming knowledge in it!!

The whole point of RGSS is to add on to the basic eventing functions already programmed in. It simplifies the process of eventing for you-- yes, you can probably accomplish anything with eventing, but are you willing to spend the time when there is an easier solution? And going with my previous argument, the script editor is completely optional to use. Whether you see it as useful or useless is up to you, but you can't say it's a bad feature overall.

Quote:And thinking about changing to XP and as some people say, It's all kinds of annoying, unsure because of script issues, Suddenly, you can't do nearly everything yourself anymore and you have to rely on other people and do trades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and much much more! Isn't it so fun?

I don't see how it's any more annoying than eventing in previous Makers. Sure, a couple of features are gone, but they can be easily added back (either through scripts or events). You don't even need to worry about script issues if you don't add any scripts.

I'm not trying to convert you to XP or VX immediately. If you're well into a game made in 2k/3 or just find the program much more likeable, feel free to continue. I'm just showing my points on the advantages of RGSS.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Introducing RM2k/3 users to RMXP or RMVX? - by Regimos - 12-19-2008, 10:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Rmxp jubhub731 0 3,274 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Last Post: jubhub731
   New RMXP idea/concept. Sorry if in wrong section. Jparker1984 9 13,414 06-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Jparker1984
   I have just discovered that in rmxp... Charlie Fleed 13 17,574 09-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Last Post: PK8