Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Introducing RM2k/3 users to RMXP or RMVX?
Quote:It's not laziness, it just means that you are doing more work than it you should over a free game (hobby) think of it, you spent YEARS literally doing something and people play it for like a few hours and not even finish it etc. It's totally not worth it.
That makes sense. I want to get into the video game industry, so it's a little more than just a hobby for me. Thinking that way for a while means I sometimes forget that is is just a hobby for some people.

Quote:When you spent years on something people can't move on to learn "something new" over the course of time since admit it, you want to finish your game and you know this engine better. Instead on moving on a foreign engine that literally takes you months to learn you want to stick on something you know that will be worth it (check AEDEMPHIA)
I guess that makes sense. I still think it's a good idea to move on to the newer version of a program, but I'll accept that some people are happier with the older versions.

Quote:Not willing to explain. Too tired and complicated.
M'kay. I don't think you should have brought it up if you didn't feel like explaining it, but I won't press you for further information.

Quote:XP has 40 fps and runs slower on other computers. Specially on outdated ones and the scripts are messed up that it requires fixing.
I think VX is a little faster. I may be wrong, though.

Quote:Not everyone pass introductory math. This is how people define it. (I'm learning RGSS though but this is one reason why some can't learn them >_>)
I'm very good at math, so I didn't see this as a possible problem. But, don't you need to know math for the database editing, as well? You need to set stats, stat growth, stat values for weapons, items, etc.

Although I still don't agree with you, I'm definitely starting to see your point of view.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Introducing RM2k/3 users to RMXP or RMVX? - by Guardian - 12-19-2008, 10:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Rmxp jubhub731 0 3,274 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Last Post: jubhub731
   New RMXP idea/concept. Sorry if in wrong section. Jparker1984 9 13,416 06-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Jparker1984
   I have just discovered that in rmxp... Charlie Fleed 13 17,581 09-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Last Post: PK8