Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

"This has been in my family for generations." His mother told him quietly. "I'm not really surprised that you've become strong, Daniel. Your ancestors were great warriors that protected their people from marauders. Come here, I think it's time that I passed this on to you."

Daniel walked over to her, peering over her shoulder. Robin started to follow him, but her mother seized her arm suddenly, pulling her into the kitchen. "This is between them, Robin. Stay put. You can listen, but don't interfere."

"But mom--" Robin protested, but she decided to give Daniel and his mother their moment.

Tarnished silver armor lay inside the chest. It didn't look very special, as far as Daniel could see. But his mother was smiling with love and pride, so he didn't want to disappoint her. He reached inside the chest to smooth the dust away from chest plate of the armor. As soon as he touched it, he felt a strange warmth radiating from the metal, spreading up from his fingers into his arm.

He glanced at his mother in surprise. "What--" He began.

"Elven." She nodded. "Like your sword. I inherited that armor when I was about your age, but I never actually wore it. It's a shame that it's been so long since it had a master, but I believe that it will accept you. You may be part human, but I think it should answer to your elven blood."

Robin was feeling that discomfort again. Something else of Elven nature? The sword was bad enough. If Marcus was right, Daniel might become a full elf, and it's possible she'd lose him. Terror filled her heart. "Let me go, mom." She whispered. "I can't stand this."

"No." Her mother said firmly. "You're worried, I can see that. However, you must understand that before all else, Daniel must honor his heritage. Whatever happens, is meant to be."

"Mom--"

She watched from the doorway with foreboding as Daniel pulled the armor out of the chest with reverence. The dull metal began to glow with a faint light, illuminating Daniel's face. Now, more than ever, Daniel looked very much like an elf. The armor, it appeared, would accept him as master, as his mother had hoped.

"The armor will protect you, my son." His mother said. "It also has healing properties, so any wounds you receive while wearing it, will heal faster. It's made out of a material called mythril, and is very light and flexible. That armor you were wearing is far too heavy for you."

"Thank you, mother. I don't know what else to say." His eyes filled with tears, and he set the armor back inside the chest to hug her. "I'll come home safe, I promise." He told her.

She smiled at him through her own tears. "I know."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:51 AM