Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Zerbu - 02-18-2014

Thanks for the comments, both of you!

@JayRay - Thanks! And it's VX Ace. The message system I use is the Yanfly one in case you're wondering - http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-message-system/

@Ahzoh - More details on what is happening between the two characters (such as why Trai didn't immediately attack Dragos, and why Dragos didn't kill Trai on the spot) is explained later in the game as part of the plot, there's a lot of mystery in the game.

As for why Dragos only said "right here and now", it was meant to emphasize on how there was no way that Trai could suddenly develop the power to defeat Dragos on the spot. But you've brought up a good point though, it does seem like he's implying that he thinks he could get defeated another time, so I'll consider changing that a bit.

Also just so there's no confusion, Dragos and Trai aren't the player characters at the beginning of the game, they just play a major role in the plot. Don't worry though, it's still a detailed story and not anything like the example you provided.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that the reason Dragos jumped a step back was because he did it in shock.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-19-2014

IT WAS A BLOODBATH!
[Image: feb19screenshot.png]
(right click and view image to see full resolution)

Just showing off a few of the monsters. Thanks goes out to Pioneer Valley Games for their Monster sets.

Also, thanks to Mechanical Pen, I can showcase several other RPG options in windows utilizing the F-Keys as well as other scripts like the GameLog script by myself and DerVVulfman, which I plan to modify even further for a full on scene-less window on screen for quests, enchanting, recipies and the like.

And if anyone's asking, I was able to defeat the army with the loss of but one of my party... Get her to the priest!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-19-2014

I bet it was a pretty chaotic battle with that sheer amount of participants.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-20-2014

Actually, it was pretty fun, with the party actually set with skills and equipment at the ready. The Bugbear Juggernaut in the center was the hardest, with his massive knockback tactics, BOOM!

This is what I'm working on now... and have asked for help with.
[Image: feb20screenie.png]

Yes, I'm planning to create a window much like the game log where players can view quests on the fly and hopefully with mousie, aceept or decline quests. The spaces on the left of the blocks would be filled with icons.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 02-20-2014

You should flip your leather background so the white spot is on the bottom. White on White is hard to read.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 03-20-2014

That reminds me of Oregon Trail so hard.

After killing the Flora Clam in the first hunt, a Clamapus kills some members of the Hunting/Trapping club, and you are sent after it in the third hunt. The hunts are meant to be separate from the game, so if you try to blast through them all right away, you'll get steamrolled. When you kill [Variable=clam enemies], this quest then becomes activated.

Map for the Clamapus Den:

[Image: 4tKPWtn.png?1]

this map does this now- in deeper water, you slow down, and the sprites are shorter so they appear more obscured.

[Image: jjcALOO.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 03-21-2014

@Olivia - now that old-time screen, NICE!!!! I want to play this one.. and ...
@Kasper - I now smack my head, I never thought to change opacity based on terrain tags... I could also theoretically use that to offset the sprite for ridged or hilly terrain too, right? or Stairs? wow

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 03-21-2014

The opacity was specifically done with bush flags, not terrain flags.

you need a control event to run it all as a parallel process:

[Image: NVhjAs2.png]

Just playing around and... liked it - JayRay - 03-30-2014

Okay, this is just playing around to see if I can do this, and it looks like I can. This MAY or MAY NOT imply a major change in my display for my game, but yeah...

after messing around with MGC's old Iso Engine, I thought about my 3d rendered items being able to be set in this setting, and with some work with scenery bits, I started working on a little stone chapel.

[Image: screenie033014-1_zps3097f4c0.png]

Whatcha all think? it looks like with the way the scenery sets are set up and the floors, you can basically render almost anything in this mode of isometric and put it in game... Now, if I figure out shadows the right way, it's a done deal.... lol

Also, I'm waiting to hear back from MCG OR anyone else who's messed with this engine to see if the Bloc_*.png and the heightmaps can be changed or expanded on for different heightmaps and distortions.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 03-31-2014

That chapel looks reminiscent of Diablo 2...