Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-04-2014

Man, I was just looking for a bestiary script for my game. Blizzard's keeps throwing an error when I have more than 10 entries in the Custom Beast Info Database.

The "Sight" and "Sound" stats caught my attention as well.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 01-04-2014

I added those two, along with the 'speed' and 'respawn' factors as these are a part of my ABS. And I'm not using Blizzard's but Momomo's original. It's hella older... prolly the oldest. It is kinda plain, so this render is pretty much tweaked. The picture area on the right actually scales the battler to fit the window while maintaining the aspect ratio. I had to add that extra tweak myself.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-04-2014

Thoses extra stats reminds me of Sword of Mana. In the game, baddies had two "senses" - one primary and one secondary - such as day and night vision, hearing and smell. You could use items to attrack baddies that relied on those senses for a better hunt. For example, the Blink Weed lured foes that relied on sight, the Tone Stone lured enemies that relied on sound, etc.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 01-14-2014

early screencap of my capital city. it's 400x400, has sewers, public transportation, a bank, a post office, two libraries, a museum, a seaport, and Flint's Discount Flak Jacket Warehouse.

[Image: th_zoar2_zps3ca3c057.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 01-14-2014

OKAY, I finally have the 192x96 Overworld for Roguehaven finished. This will be combined with a mousie system and clickable 'events' to go straight to the regional maps. Characters will not be walking around on this map, but instead clicking to the destination as games like FFX-2 airship or Dragon Age. A dialog box will open if there are any random encounters along the way to each destination (field battles, traveling merchants, chance encounters)

[Image: worldmap.jpg]
Someone had observed that the previous incarnation did not appear to have desert areas. I have rectified this, and am showcasing the fullorthographic projection of this world map. I believe I DO have the heightmap still ready to translate this to a HMode7 project, if I decide to go back to RMXP for Roguehaven II.

If the image doesn't get larger for you on clicking, here is the link to the actual image: http://www.jayraymultimedia.com/roguehaven/worldmap.jpg

(this big image is less than 4 megs)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 01-16-2014

How's the water?

Either your realm has no water or has fairly dark and muddy water. I mean, even from space, Earth's water is kinda bluey.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 01-17-2014

Rather enjoy the map. BTW, google maps could use a better landmass censorship artist ;D

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 01-17-2014

@DerVVulfman - Yeah, I thought about going back in and adding a little more blue tint on the water mask, I might do that

@Kain, thanks and yeah, I was looking for some good landscape fractals on Google Earth and saw everything from a huge KFC advertisement to a nude sunbather.

Okay, I finally got the kinks out of my heightmap distortion for parallax maps, and have a few teaser screenies. No reminder, I'm still using the base icons for my buttons right now, and there are numbers on the screen for my mouse testers, but pathfinding is working fine, and I wanted to share just a few screens.

[Image: screenie117-1.png]

[Image: screenie117-2.png]

And an important note. Roguehaven will be free to play, as I am making it an offline game with an online store. Using unique game codes, I plan to have several items available that can be purchased for $0.99 cents each.

Now, I know any VX Ace game can be hacked, so I'm going to try to do this through different methods. If anyone has an idea on how to get this to work, please let me know.

I was thinking of old-school stuff. Registering the game gives you a game code number which you would enter on a screen. Then when in the store, if you 'purchased' an item, I'd give you the code to enter for that item, which adds the item, and then changes your game code both with me, and within the game. I thought about using base variables, and making like 50 variables become decoys of the one that would change.

I dunno... any ideas on implementation. Before you say anything though - I already know that it's "extremely difficult" and "can't be done without getting hacked" so I'm looking more for stuff that CAN be done.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 01-17-2014

We have a user here who was way into encrypting RPG Maker games. Do a search and ask him, or study the code he's published.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 01-17-2014

I know this, Roguehaven II? H-mode and FLPE for RMXP, that's final, lol