Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 10-05-2013

i'll fix that once i'm all done. this is all rough draft until i get every tile done. THEN i'll go back over the ones that don't look right, and make them fit together. I'm almost done with my first town's tiles. i should have the whole town completely done by this weekend, since i only need to make three houses, and the water autotile, and five or six kinds of little stuff.

[Image: villageburg_zps05d6ad3a.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 10-07-2013

I got a few screenshots right here, but they're not of a map persay...

[Image: screenieoct1.png]

( This is an animated Title screen, a variation of the Mog Animated Title Screen A )

[Image: screenieoct3.png]

I moved my main menu screen to inside the maps, and have a large character creation system planned for this game

[Image: screenieoct4.png]
This screen is mainly for the paperdolling system

[Image: secreenieoct5.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 10-07-2013

Not too bad for 6 hours of work. [Image: MapEdit_zpsb86bcb36.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 10-07-2013

(10-05-2013, 04:41 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: i'll fix that once i'm all done. this is all rough draft until i get every tile done. THEN i'll go back over the ones that don't look right, and make them fit together. I'm almost done with my first town's tiles. i should have the whole town completely done by this weekend, since i only need to make three houses, and the water autotile, and five or six kinds of little stuff.

[Image: villageburg_zps05d6ad3a.png]
everyone's so good at making cities and towns.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 10-07-2013

(10-07-2013, 03:28 AM)MechanicalPen Wrote: Not too bad for 6 hours of work. [Image: MapEdit_zpsb86bcb36.png]
whoa, what engine is this from again?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 10-07-2013

That is not an engine (well sort of, depending on your definition). It's Visual C#. I am using it to make my own map editor because I want to do things that RPG Maker XP's editor can't do, like picking a tile with the keyboard.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 10-08-2013

ah! nice... interesting concept. I don't know what I'd do without my trusty editor though.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 10-10-2013

.png   Whee.png (Size: 135.83 KB / Downloads: 20)

OMG! Did DerVVulfman post something in this thread???

Well, it's about time I guess. This is a first step in my game's save/file screen. Different characters have different screen styles... some with scales, some with clean simple borders, some looking like they belong to the King's Musketeers with D'Artagnan and Co.. And then there's the lead hero's face in the corner.

Paperdoll face design system. I need to clean up the edges, I know. But hey... Step one was getting all the scripts working together. Step two was cleaning up the code. Step three is this... personalization.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 10-10-2013

NICE! and that's an image right, not a windowskin right? only thing I can think of is move the text closer and inside the box borders a bit more on the box in the lwer left hand side, but I love it.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 10-10-2013

Yep. Each screen uses an actual background image with transparencies so you can see the field map underneath... which is still ACTIVE! I have nearly 10 races, and each has their own background image style and custom 'rectangle' cursor. I have green and brown nature styles in mind, along with a fairly HAIRY look for a particularly NASTY race.

The only things using windowskins will be the message system itself (going a granite or marble effect), options and file screen in the title menu, and the character creation screen. But even THESE are subject to change