Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic Footprints
I found this on a site after searching it efverywhere, I couldn't find it so i'll post it here ;-)

Dynamic Footprints
by Wachunga
Version 1.0

This is a locked, single-post thread from Creation Asylum. Archived here to prevent its loss.
No support is given. If you are the owner of the thread, please contact administration.

Summary
Footprints are dynamically created for characters moving across tiles (from any tileset) set in the database to have a certain terrain tag (1 by default). For those that wouldn't leave any (e.g. flying characters), it's easy to specify not to leave footprints. Footprints fade away after a user-specified time at a user-specified rate. There shouldn't be any significant impact to framerate.

Resources
You'll need the attached file (in the Graphics/Tilesets folder), unless you choose to make your own, in which case you should refer to this template.

.png   footprints_default.png (Size: 1.63 KB / Downloads: 3)

Dynamic Footprints

code

Compatibility
This script is compatible with Fukuyama's Caterpillar script, Near Fantastica's Squad Based Movement/Action Battle System and Updated Day Night scripts, and as compatible as possible with Cogwheel's Pixel Movement script. See the comments within the script itself for details.
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dynamic Weather and Time System ThallionDarkshine 0 2,516 05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ThallionDarkshine