Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyonides and His One Shots

Fifth Story

A Short Odyssey

Written by Kyonides

Back in the days or perhaps in 2005, there was a young wannabe hero called Aluxes Akage who had a big dream. He would be famous enough as to found his own company of heroic explorers that would help him expand his glorious kingdom. Then one day it would stretch from the eastern sea to the far western coasts of the known world.

There was no problem he could not solve, no error he could not correct just in time. Well, except for the fact that the day had come when he simply trashed his real name and started calling himself Alex Crimson. The very few that ever dared to ask him about the origin of his nickname regretted it, they had heard him say that crim meant red and just added the suffix son as his way to claim he was the son of the red (sun?). At the end nobody knew for certain whether he was proud of his ancient Asian heritage or not.

A new morning had begun. Our friend Alex woke up, washed his face leaving his hair practically untouched and uncombed. Later he picked some soba for breakfast just because.

“I won’t miss this dish for I’ll be traveling all around the world dating their beautiful women and tasting their delicious food” he exclaimed as if he badly needed some convincing to finally get out of his paternal home.

Out of the blue a man knocked on his door. Aluxes had no intention to open it ever for he knew very well who that guy was, the blacksmith that had carved a wooden sword as per his request. Oh and poor Akage had forgotten to mention he had no single copper coin left in his pockets. So there was no other choice but opening his bedroom’s window and climb down the wall while trying to remain silent the whole time.

Instead of leaving town for good, he waited until the blacksmith had returned back home and picked the wooden sword once he had confirmed that his good friend had left the weapon at the workshop. Do not ever think Alex would dare to steal such a thing ever! He was just picking up what was rightfully his from the very beginning.

What a fateful day it was when he had finally reached the outskirts! Akage seemed to rejoice, feeling the urge to start his heroic venture at once. Fame and riches and even lots of cute girls were right there for the grabs!

“Seriously, for many years I had no idea what regret actually meant till the day I met him” once stated his closest friend Basil Lancet.

Nope, do not even feel bad if you do not understand what he was talking about. In fact, not even Basil did for he was still processing all of their misadventures in his troubled head.

“I can still recall the day when I was assigned to babysit a darn noble girl that thought it was cute to see her little dinosaur like pet go for walk and enter that darn cave!” the young lancer told us.

What happened next is mostly unclear due to his partial amnesia, but there he was. Some young man that kept calling himself an experienced adventurer wielding a wooden sword but no buckler. And who was that candid girl with such a lousy pet? Guess what? She was a blondie named Gloria Holywaters and she would be forced by her evil parents to train as a cleric at the end of that long forgotten summer.

At first neither Alex nor Basil ever understood why she would ever hate her family until they heard some terrible truth that Gloria herself had just recently heard about.

“It’s because of my teacher. How the hell... Pardon me for cursing” Mrs. Holywaters continued. “How could they ever pick Hilda Maier the Purple as my personal teacher at the academy!? She’s a witch! How could they simply ignore that? Was it that hard just to let the principal pick a teacher for me on their own?”

Here it is where the story goes awry. The three of them had entered the cavern while pursuing Lady Gloria’s obnoxious pet and failed to notice there was a lizard calmly laying on the ground. Well, being honest with you, it was not a simple lizard but a salamander!

Of course Aluxes made his only attempt to defend her with his sword, only to watch how it burned like charcoal. At the same time his buddy Basil was growing desperate for he had not felt the need to carry his heavy spear to protect the young lady. Excluding its small blade at one end, the staff would have vanished just a few seconds after Akage’s weapon had been reduced to ashes. Everything looked quite ugly, as if they were not supposed to ever tell their saddening tale at the nearest tavern later that evening.

Do you remember that Hilda the Purple was Lady Holywaters’s teacher? I guess they were lucky to find out that while they all had closed their eyes waiting for the inevitable, dear Hilda saved the day! As curious as it sounds, that witch has never revealed a single piece of information on how exactly did she get rid of such a fiery opponent in a matter of minutes.

Yes, my dear readers, I know very well that she is a famous wizard or sort of, yet, that does not explain how she could have ever defeated such a powerful foe with such an ease. How weird!

Even as this story has come to its rightful end, I have to question myself how both Alex and Basil are faring as of late. You see, young Gloria and her teacher are now busy working hard at the magic academy the Holywaters family had handpicked for their precious daughter. This means that we had lost all contact with those two male adventurers ever since. I just hope they are not resting in peace already…

The End...
Hopefully! Laughing
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 11-19-2021, 05:32 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 11-22-2021, 05:57 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 12-19-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 12-20-2021, 07:03 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 01-03-2022, 05:44 AM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 10-26-2022, 04:21 PM
RE: Kyonides and His One Shots - by kyonides - 07-04-2023, 07:27 AM