Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Nintendo shuts down the tool behind your favorite Pokémon fan games
You're kidding, right?

"I go to Hong Kong, away from police jurisdiction. And the Chinese will not extradite one of their own." - Lau ('The Dark Knight' 2008)

If one was to look at a Forbes article on Piracy in China, their own government's viewpoint is 'Don't Ask. Don't Tell", as it is so pervasive.

And I found this little tidbit from China's own Copyright laws
Section 4 Limitations on Rights Wrote:"Article 22 In the following cases, a work may be exploited without the permission from, and without payment of remuneration to, the copyright owner, provided that the name of the author and the title of the work are mentioned and the other rights enjoyed by the copyright owner by virtue of this Law are not infringed upon:

(1) use of a published work for the purposes of the user's own private study, research or self-entertainment;
This may be their way of permitting 'fair use', but gives such a broad permission.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Yeah it'd be impossible for Nintendo or any other company to enforce their copyright in China. I've heard that companies that do business there have to give up all their technologies to Chinese interests anyway.
Reply }
I think I've tried this fangame tool once.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Small RPG Maker Games for Android Mike_Everley 0 1,439 12-23-2021, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
   Making Annoying But Never Stupid Games as a Challenge kyonides 7 9,612 09-19-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets
   Ten Games that Punish You for playing EASY mode. DerVVulfman 0 3,100 07-10-2018, 05:16 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  IndieSam Exposure! - The show where Samven plays your games! Samven 16 20,021 08-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Ahzoh