Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KWorkshop XP VX
KWorkshop XP VX
Version 1.2.0

by Kyonides-Arkanthos

Introduction

This is just another crafting system script, well, it also lets you reforge broken weapons and armors and lift any curses found on them. The shop may be anything you want it to be, i.e. a shrine will also let a "priest" heal any of your heroes and replenish their mana for a modest fee. I hope some of you might like it...

Now it is possible to remove states while healing and replenishing mana! You may also get gifts for forging weapons, armors or making any item. Perhaps I should also mention something about curses, but that is going to be a surprise! Tongue sticking out

Known Script Dependencies
  • KommandSprite
Script Calls

$scene = KWorkshop.new(ID)
$scene = KShrine.new(ID)
$scene = KFactory.new(ID)

Required Template

Remember to name your files "priest 1.txt" or "smith 1.txt" or "tech 1.txt", obviously you need to use a different ID number depending on how many shop recipe list you will be including in your game. You can add or remove or modify items at will, just keep in mind you need to leave a blank line in between and two blank lines at the end of the file. Mandatory!

Actually there is no need to make it a smith workshop, it could be a church, a nunnery, a technician's garage, a mechanic's workshop, a gunner's store, pretty much anything.

Code:
Shop's Name: McSloppy's Furnace
Slogan: All weapons will break eventually!
Shopkeeper's Level: 2
Hate Actors:
Probability to Get a Random Gift: 20
Gifts: Item, 48, 1; Item, 49, 1
Kind: Weapon
ID: 1
Difficulty Level: 1
Cost: 150
Failure %: 0
Materials: Item, 35, 2; Item, 36, 6

ID: 2
Difficulty Level: 2
Cost: 350
Failure %: 5
Materials: Item, 38, 6

ID: 3
Difficulty Level: 3
Cost: 725
Failure %: 10
Materials: Item, 38, 7; Item, 39, 2

Demo

I could only upload the newest demos as thread attachments, both sites were unavailable according to my browser...

Terms & Conditions

Just the usual, include me in your game credits, this script can be used in non commercial games, contact me if you need it for a commercial one.

Attached Files
.rar   KWorkshop XP.rar (Size: 205.78 KB / Downloads: 3)
.rar   KWorkshop VX.rar (Size: 509.15 KB / Downloads: 1)
.rar   KWorkshop ACE.rar (Size: 625.63 KB / Downloads: 0)
.rar   Kustom XP.rar (Size: 208.65 KB / Downloads: 1)
.rar   KWorkshop Kustom XP Graphics.rar (Size: 592.18 KB / Downloads: 1)
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Since some user here reminded me I had tested KWorkshop XP with the corresponding version of KUnits, I felt it also was time to paste a version that were not linked to KUnits at all. Now you can find both waiting for you to test it! :)
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
From now on, you will only find a single version of my script. I have also made several changes in its code like fixing biting bugs, including new features, modifying others, etc. Currently there are 3 options available, Checking a blacksmith's merchandise, Reforging a broken weapon and Lifting a curse. The first option is not complete as of yet, its progress could be around 60% to 75% by now. Yeah, I still need ideas to improve its GUI.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
BUMP

Guess what, people! I have uploaded KWorkshop XP first demo to both mediafire and mega! There you can test it if you run the demo, check out the available recipes, reforge a broken weapon if Aluxes failed to hit the enemy a couple of times, and you might later tweak the Constants a little bit to curse a weapon and force the heroes to seek somebody that is capable of lifting that nasty curse. Now I only need to add that someone has been looking for Aluxes for quite some time... :(

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Just BUMP'ing Around Like Crazy

KWorkshop XP Version 1.0.0 has finally arrived! It now lets you reforge weapons and armors and lift curse on any of them. Recipes let you make any kind of stuff, either items, weapons or armors! (Actually heroes are capable of becoming either a priest or smith or tech, without changing its current class, in theory...) I'm sorry, my script won't even attempt to find a nice partner for Aluxes. Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Now you can get both XP and VX version 1.0.4! I had to make a few changes in code, I have made it a bit more modular than before, included general recipes as well as priest or smith or tech specific recipes. Yes, now you may have a priest with ID 1 as well as a smith with ID 1 and so on.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
A Bump is Visiting a Workshop and some Evil Mansion!

In version 1.0.8 I have made kind of major changes in code to make it either more modular or more convenient for all 3 shop options my script offers to players, added a new default backdrop for priest's shrines, fixed a few features that were not making as many exceptions as my script required, etc. I changed the script calls for the game developers' convenience.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
A BUMP Was Cursed By Accident!

If you want to find out what I am talking about here, you will need to play any of the KWorkshop's demos (version 1.1.2) then!

I also had to smash a few bugs in the process so I am slightly sorry for uploading new versions over and over again. Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Well, this time I have updated the KWorkshop XP demo only because I have been dealing with a new script, namely Kustom. I am trying to implement my own unique weapons and armors system, but I did not like how convoluted my Unik Weaponry script was so I started scripting it from scratch and that is pretty much how Kustom was born. It is in alpha stage, but there are a few features available for those wanting to test it. For example you can already make custom weapons and armors, plus equip custom weapons, armors will have to wait a little bit longer. You can use script calls to make custom weapons or armors, i.e. Kustom.make_weapon(ID) or Kustom.make_armor(ID)

Those items will be automatically added to the party's custom weapons or armors array. Weapons can be equip via a modified Scene_Equip script. Why did I not change the way it looks? Well, you should recall I am not the best at GUI development so I do need ideas and suggestions to improve KWorkshop and Kustom scripts! Feel free to send me some pm's concerning this issue.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
In the section we should ignore, there is a "__END__ " without a "#" that crashes the demo right at the start.

And when I try to open the Equipment screen I get this error.

[Image: V4YRtlt.png]
Reply }