Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 rxdata / rvdata to text (YAML)
If you are anything like be you'll sometimes want to go outside of the editor to change things. Maybe you want to find-replace all your dialog to change a city's name referenced in plot. Or change all usages of one music file to another.

The confusingly named RMXP Plugin System can extract all files from your XP, VX, or VXA projects into .yaml text files for easy editing. You can save time navigating menus or use the tools for its original purpose and collaborate on an RPG with your friends, letting Git or some other data versioning system merge all your edits into one playable game.

Give it a try it you think it'll help you. I'm using it to translate RPG Maker XP games! (protip; this tool will encode most non-ASCII strings as base64 encoded binary. Just use a tool to decode them into the proper character map.)
Reply }
Interesting. And rather than being in resources, I moved it into our TOOLS forum and applied a 'Tools-Other' flag. Winking

Now, does it work in reverse?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Thanks! Been a while since I posted; forgot the best location for such things.

Yep, it reads in all the YAMLs on startup if you configure the batch file correctly. The idea behind the toolchain was to open RPG Maker XP using the batch file, make edits, then share/merge the YAML files with others so you could collaborate. But you can also use it solo, like I am, to be able to edit the data with external tools.
Reply }
(08-26-2017, 10:36 PM)MechanicalPen Wrote: If you are anything like be you'll sometimes want to go outside of the editor to change things. Maybe you want to find-replace all your dialog to change a city's name referenced in plot. Or change all usages of one music file to another.

The confusingly named RMXP Plugin System can extract all files from your XP, VX, or VXA projects into .yaml text files for easy editing. You can save time navigating menus or use the tools for its original purpose and collaborate on an RPG with your friends, letting Git or some other data versioning system merge all your edits into one playable game.

Give it a try it you think it'll help you. I'm using it to translate RPG Maker XP games! (protip; this tool will encode most non-ASCII strings as base64 encoded binary. Just use a tool to decode them into the proper character map.)

It don't work, it just shut any .bat files instantly when i open them.
(This below is my signature, it's not part of the post/message)

I'm a male and italian indie game developer, spriter and musician.
I'm currently working on my own indie game, called Our Destiny.
Follow it on it's GameJolt page: https://gamejolt.com/games/ourdestinyofficial/449988

----Contacts----
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Andrea87Sky
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/skycraft-team-official/tracks
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjPA_e7...subscriber
Reply }
Well, if we're talking about uncompressed rxdata or similar files, you only need to install Ruby on your system. You can pick any version from 1.8 onwards to open those files.

Then you'd only need to use the following lines to create a text file version of such files...

Code:
lines = File.readlines('fiename.extension')
File.open('new_filename.txt', 'w') {|f| lines.each{|line| f.puts line } }

But I admit it might skip some kind of important steps like formatting it in a human readable structure. Laughing Even so, a Ruby installation already includes some YAML extension so...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }