Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 FPLE : First Person Labyrinth Explorer
may bee in future you'll find the way how to use 3ds objects in RMXP? :)
Reply }
MGC Wrote:
Quote:It would be good if thre's also an way to keep the rendering quality when not in movement.

There is no loss of quality with a fple_resolution value equals to 0. However it may lag depending on your hardware.

Yes i know that, that's why it would be good to keep the quality.

I my pc it only worked 100% lag free on "ugly" resolution (yes, my pc is a crap), but it's strange the effect that it causes, having an perfect backgrung when not moving, then the drastic reduction when walking.

It would be good keeping this equal all the time.
Reply }
This is freaking outstanding... excellent work! O_O

Wow, I can't believe some of the things people can make RMXP do...

This is very, very awesome. ^-^
Reply }
Quote:may bee in future you'll find the way how to use 3ds objects in RMXP? :)

I know that DeMOnFiRe (another scripter) succeeded in rendering 3Ds objects with RMXP, using the Irrlicht engine.
I don't think that it's compatible with the RMXP editor though.

Quote:It would be good keeping this equal all the time.

Ugly all the time ? That shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll do that when I find a little time.

Quote:This is freaking outstanding... excellent work! O_O

Wow, I can't believe some of the things people can make RMXP do...

This is very, very awesome. ^-^

Thanks. I think it's fun to try to go further than the normal limitations of the software.
Some scripts :
Working on :
Reply }
Works a treat, I love it! I tried testing out putting a couple of characters down only to see them floating in the air at the same resolution as normal. :D Looks like I'll have to come up with new tilesets to populate dungeons with objects, chests and doodads.

Edit: Quick screenshot of interest, adding a panorama has an interesting effect. ;D
[Image: fplescreen.th.jpg]

This script is awesome! Love the nostalgic feel!
Reply }
I was looking at your system first person and I wonder if it is possible to turn an event or tileset at 90 degrees the way you made.Because I use MODE7 and i am making a game to look like 3D, then seeing your excellent work I guess I hope to achieve.
If you can help me I thank you and if you want me to explain more detailed let me know.
Also do I leave a screen if you wish.
I'm waiting for a response
Reply }
Quote:Ugly all the time ? That shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll do that when I find a little time.
Great!

Keeping the same aspect ratio will make things look that they're the way they look all the time, and not something configurated to look worse.
Reply }
Quote:Edit: Quick screenshot of interest, adding a panorama has an interesting effect. ;D

This effect is great ! I tested the panorama to check if it didn't crash, but I never tried to obtain a nice rendering.

Quote:I was looking at your system first person and I wonder if it is possible to turn an event or tileset at 90 degrees the way you made.Because I use MODE7 and i am making a game to look like 3D, then seeing your excellent work I guess I hope to achieve.
If you can help me I thank you and if you want me to explain more detailed let me know.
Also do I leave a screen if you wish.
I'm waiting for a response

Uh... I really don't understand. Can you explain more in details (pictures could help, too) ?

Quote:Keeping the same aspect ratio will make things look that they're the way they look all the time, and not something configurated to look worse.

It's on my TODO list. You have to wait a little, because I don't have my PC this week-end.
Some scripts :
Working on :
Reply }
MGC, you never cease to amaze me with your scripting ability. First with the mode7s, then that ISO engine you were working on (it's still in the member rubbish bin, by the way, would you like it moved out of there?) and now this! Absolutely amazing, and this gives me a few ideas for projects I want to do.

Anyway, I think I came across what may be a game-breaking bug.

So I start the demo, I set a resolution (I went with mid), I do a bit of walking around. I decided to reset the game (F12), chose a different resolution (I think I went with low or ugly), did some walking around and then the game stopped, and then the window pops up telling me "Game.exe has stopped working." Is there a way to get that fixed or what?

Also, I have some ideas for your script.

• Would it be possible to have the priority of a tile determine the height and/or Y-axis of a ground, wall or ceiling tile?
    • Or perhaps, as suggested by MyOwnFriend in the irc channel (we were talking about this) to add onto my initial idea: The terrain tags can be the height and the priority can be the Y-Axis?
  • Some sort of method where developers can check if a ceiling is over the player or not? Perhaps something like this: "ceiling_exists?(x, y)"
    Edit: I could see this being used brilliantly, to pull off a few "lighting" tricks with the panoramas.
  • I notice how no animation plays when it targets the player. Here's an idea: How about when the animation is targeting the player, it would play in front of the player's "eyes"?
  • I also notice how players can't jump in FPLE. I tried getting the player to jump and I ended up not being able to move. So I was wondering if it was possible to get jumping working for players. I guess I wouldn't mind if there wasn't an option for jumping height. :P (I know MGC said "No jump" in the first post)
  • Special comments for events:
    • "Flat": Flat would flatten the event graphic to the ground, just like the original mode7 (not NM7).
    • Y-Axis/Height in NM7: A feature to set the graphic's Y-Axis to any value. I'm aware of there being a V-Align comment

I guess that's all of the ideas I have. But otherwise, good script!

Oh yeah, events can move in your system.
Reply }
May I use this code for an open source project?
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   FPLE Camera Height DerVVulfman 23 27,539 07-20-2020, 01:41 AM
Last Post: rzrcoon
   [WIP] FPLE 2 MGC 17 39,078 01-08-2018, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Darkantuan
   Importing FPLE maps in RMVX MGC 5 15,562 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: albertcprice
   L's Simple Main Menu #3 - 1-person Landarma 1 6,896 10-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Landarma
   1-Person DBS Raziel 0 5,517 03-07-2008, 04:41 AM