Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Videogames You Should Stay Away From
Videogames You Should Stay Away From

First of all, I gotta say this thread is not about telling people about how ugly you find the bubbleheaded characters present in famous games or even in MV / MZ like games. That's not the focus here. Serious 

What this is all about is telling you to not spent a Cash dime in Gamer videogames that will make your gaming life miserable.

Happy with a sweat I mean, this handles about those games that make you go nowhere after playtesting them right after purchase, and after applying n number of patches, etc.

What inspired me to open this thread now?

Look Up Well, it happened once upon a time, like yesterday, that I bought a game called Divinity 2: Developer's Cut, some 32 bit era kind of game, and Happy with a sweat guess what? It didn't run, not even once! Angry

Besides showing you 2 optional introductory WMA videos that could savely move to any other directory, it simply crashes. Indifferent Nope, you don't get your typical Windows debugger window popping up at all. No registry is created. You simply get a few seconds of a TV big black nothing and that's it. Sad

If you search for patches, you will find none that can 100% or 90% guarantee it will start running.
Some claim that patching the executable to make it allow to use more than 2 or 4 GB of RAM is all you ever needed. Other say that installing stuff like DirectX 9.0c will do the trick. Another group says that you gotta have an Nvidia card, others say that it's not that important and ATI/AMD cards will work with some slight performance.

The thing is that even from an earlier patch / upgrade, this issue has never gone away at all. And it was first released between 2009 and 2010. Sarcasm + Confused Then it got updated a couple of times like back in 2010 and 2012. You can still find support threads from 2014 or even 2019 and 2020 either on GOG or Steam.

I know that old games might not run on Windows 7, 8 or even 11. Happy with a sweat 
Yet, even Lords of the Realm II that was released in the 90's runs even on Linux via Wine. Shocked
Nope, emulating it only results in getting a frozen big black nothing. Confused I tried that already and got nowhere.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Civ 6 has ruined my life
Reply }
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is the worst, and only serves as a cashgrab. No more, no less. Even with the latest patches, the game is not fun to play for very long, if at all. THPS HD, and THPS1+2? Those are incredible by comparison.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Videogames that celebrate Birthdays KDC 9 9,942 09-17-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: KDC
   How long have you been playing videogames? kyonides 9 10,915 03-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Last Post: MMG92
   videogames i played,liked or hated RosyPosy 4 6,708 04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy