Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
 What's up, RMers?
I entered the RPG communities on September or October 2008 if I remember clearly.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Yeah, I've definately not been around the longest in that regard. XD I'm aware of this.
It's still interesting to look back on that and compare it to where I am now and what has changed in all that time.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Wink 
I started in back in 2003-2004, in the golden age of the RPG 2000 scene, if I recall correctly. Sadly, my first projects died when my old computer went kaput.

Several years after that, 2011-2012, I dipped my toes trying the most popular version available back then (RMXP) which eventually led me to joint this site. The rest, as they say, is history.  

Guess that makes me the newbie of this chat.   Grinning
Reply }
Well, some people might ask you why I have implemented traps in KChests XP for Kustom, but there are people that have gone even further...

[Image: engrish-according-to-asia-5-728.jpg?cb=1336534876]
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
At least they were nice enough to warn us about the upcoming ambush.

That must be the Japanese politeness I've read about.
Reply }
Not necessarily. In the Elder Scrolls Chapter III: Morrowind, you used two devices to get past locks: Lockpicks and Probes. Lockpicks get past the locking mechanism while probes were used to disarm traps. Good times in the 90s.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
On a semi-related note, it seems to me that both trapped chests and monsters-in-a-box are mostly things of the past. To the best of my knowledge, very few modern RPGs still featured those. The ones that still do are intentional throwbacks to the times where those hazards were still commonplace. 

And even back then, trapped chest where only found in dungeon crawlers that take after Wizardry and Ultima as well as Western RPGs where the influence of tabletop RPGs is still strong. Monsters-in-a-box were always more of a JRPG thing, methinks, even though those also have their origins in tabletop RPGs like Dungeon & Dragons.
Reply }
Both of those are still very strong in D&D and similar games.
And I still see both in games these days, though to be fair I haven't been playing modern JRPGs or WRPGs really. Either due to a lack of sytem to play them on or because they just didn't have the soul I was looking for.
Except for Tales of Zestiria; love that one. Though I'm always sad when I look at it as a whole too; knowing all the things that happened to it during development and just looking at the result that's only a portion of what it could have been.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Days ago I posted the following report on a text editor official website...

kyonides Wrote:Description of the Issue

Well, notepad++ stops highlighting or coloring text if I am working on a Ruby file. This happens right after I type stuff like %= operator, the trailing text is treated as normal text and does not get any special color, neither background nor foreground color. if, unless, while and until modifiers go through the same situation. (Those one uses to the right hand side, not at the beginning of the line.)

Five days have passed and it seems it will just get ignored by its developers... Confused

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Actually, kyo... they probably don't want to look like a fool for not having a solution to your issue. So, they're probably looking into it right now, waiting for a solution before posting back.

Hrm. I can suggest a real-world (or espionage) example for traps in chests... Ever seen those spy movies where the briefcase has a bomb in it, and will explode if a hidden switch isn't tripped.

Deactivating traps can be a sort of mini-game, just like picking locks or the like. Keep the player on his/her toes.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }