Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Leader 2.11 (and 2.11 Lite)
Introduction
Originally an event system based on the script of the same name, this system allows you to change party leaders by switching to the previous/next member of the party on the fly with the touch of a button.

Features
  • Set this system to be disabled or enabled in certain maps.
  • Set which actors and classes are exempt.
  • Set sound cues for errors and leader-changes.
  • Set random sound cues for certain actors, classes, and character sprite filenames!
  • Make your own leader-switch animation.
  • No leader-switching when interacting with events.
  • Modify the system's settings through script calls!
What's New?
The Script (August 12th, 2007?)
The Evented Port, Version 1 (October 24th, 2008)
  • Made my first plug-and-play port of it to events.
  • Added a feature which prevents it from being used whenever a message box appears.
The Evented Port, Version 2 (August 20th, 2010)
  • Recoded.
  • Inadvertently removed a feature which prevents players from changing leaders while a message box is visible.
  • Added a setting which lets creators set up which maps disables the system from being used.
The Evented Port, Version 2.9 (July 10th, 2011)
  • The common event which housed the information on the system and the settings, as well as the system itself were split into 3 common events.
  • Every setting is now housed inside a single hash instead of being it's own CONSTANT variable. (They now look like this "PK8_SYS['setting']" rather than "PK8_SYS_SETTING."
  • "map_on" setting added. (Now you can set whether map IDs listed in the "map_ids" setting enables or disables the system.)
  • System Switch setting added.
  • Actor-based/Class-based leader-switching exemption settings were added.
  • Normal/Error sound cues were added.
  • Actor-based/Class-based/Filename-based sound cues + settings were added.
The Evented Port, Version 2.9.1 (July 11th, 2011)
  • Every "se_cname" setting was renamed to "fname", to prevent users from associating the "cname" settings with the name of the actors rather than the filenames in Graphics/Characters.
The Evented Port, Version 2.9.2 (July 31st, 2011)
  • VX version made! VX Only
  • This corrects a few mistakes I made throughout v2.9. Notably a typo in 2 of my conditionals where the leader switching occurs.
  • The New Lead/Old Lead codes has been switched around, because they weren't accurate in all versions prior to this.
  • The Old Lead code (now New Lead) has had its code modified.
The Evented Port, Version 2.10 (August 3rd, 2011)
  • New 'sys_var_id' setting added. Check settings for more info. (This system now makes use of a Game Variable to house all of the settings which allows creators to modify certain settings with script calls during the game.)
  • Modified a lot of code and replaced all instances of PK8_CL['setting_here'] with $game_variables[PK8_CL['sys_var_id']]['setting_here'].
  • Added a decent number of script calls creators can use.
The Evented Port, Version 2.11 (August 10th, 2011)
  • Removed the 'sys_switch_id' setting as it seemed redundant to have in there now thanks to the changes made in v2.10. System switch is still around. Check the script calls common event for more info.
The Evented Port, Version 2.11 Lite (August 13th, 2011)
  • A "Lite" version based on Version 2.11 was made. This version removes a few features, particularly setting sound cues for actors/classes/filenames, to make room for better responsiveness from the system.
Media
Videos

Screenshots

[Image: cl2_1.png]
Unlocking this particular chest requires a thief to be in the lead.

[Image: cl2_2.png]
Switching leaders, although it is difficult to convey that in a screenshot.

[Image: cl2_3.png]
Dorothy (the thief) unlocks the chest.

[Image: cl2_4.png]
Tree Lady requires the attention of Felix.

How to Install
Copy-paste all four common events into your project. Depending on how far into development you are with your project, you should probably change the condition switch of the [System] common event.

Credits and Thanks
Credit
  • modern algebra for making the script this system is based on.
Thanks
  • modern algebra for making the script this system is based on.
  • Bloopie-Star for requesting animations.
Author's Notes
When I first ported (if you can call it that) modern algebra's scriptlet to event-script form a few years ago, I was blown away. For version 2.9, I wanted to allow for more customization on this system so I added a variety of settings such as map exemptions, animations, and lots of sound cue settings.

I had always thought about wanting to let creators modify certain settings during the game but couldn't figure out how to pull that off. Version 2.10 was the result of a brainstorm I had when I woke up one morning. I thought if I could make a particular game variable be set to this constant (PK8_CL) which contained all of these settings in a hash, then perhaps it would be possible to change the settings during the game. And it worked.

About a few hours after I made 2.10, I started to realize how unnecessary and useless the 'sys_switch_id' setting appeared in comparison to the new 'sys_var_id' setting introduced, so I took it out. System Switches are still around, and you can use script calls to turn the system on or off.

License / Terms
Provide some form of due credit to PK8/ThePK8 and modern algebra. If you're looking to use this for commercial purposes, I feel it'd be best if you consult modern algebra since he was the creator of the scriptlet.

Downloads
Reply }
nice character animation, it's a pretty kool system.
[Image: gen-sig.png]
Reply }
Thanks, man.

This system has been updated to version 2.9.1! I also gave the first post a much needed makeover.
Reply }
After unintentionally procrastinating for weeks and ensuing mental self-asskicking, I finally updated this to version 2.9.2!

Quote:The Evented Port, Version 2.9.2 (July 31st, 2011)
  • VX version made! VX Only
  • This corrects a few mistakes I made throughout v2.9. Notably a typo in 2 of my conditionals where the leader switching occurs.
  • The New Lead/Old Lead codes has been switched around, because they weren't accurate in all versions prior to this.
  • The Old Lead code (now New Lead) has had its code modified.
Reply }
Updated to version 2.10!

Quote:
  • New 'sys_var_id' setting added. Check settings for more info. (This system now makes use of a Game Variable to house all of the settings which allows creators to modify certain settings with script calls during the game.)
  • Modified a lot of code and replaced all instances of PK8_CL['setting_here'] with $game_variables[PK8_CL['sys_var_id']]['setting_here'].
  • Added a decent number of script calls creators can use.

Quote:I had always thought about wanting to let creators modify certain settings during the game but couldn't figure out how to pull that off. Version 2.10 was the result of a brainstorm I had when I woke up one morning. I thought if I could make a particular game variable be set to this constant (PK8_CL) which contained all of these settings in a hash, then perhaps it would be possible to change the settings during the game. And it worked.
Edit: If you have any ideas for script calls you'd like to see implemented in the next possible version, post some.
Reply }
Thanks for this script, PK8! I found it extremely useful and have already included it in my project.
Reply }
Wow, thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it. Good luck on your project.

Just updated Change Leader to version 2.11! Here's what's new with v2.11:
Quote:Removed the 'sys_switch_id' setting as it seemed redundant to have in there now thanks to the changes made in v2.10. System switch is still around. Check the script calls common event for more info.
Reply }
I just created a LITE version of this system. If anyone's using Change Leader v2.11 but isn't interested in using any of the actor/class/filename sound cue settings, download the LITE version. Plus, it's a lot more fast-paced compared to the regular version!

Quote:A "Lite" version based on Version 2.11 was made. This version removes a few features, particularly setting sound cues for actors/classes/filenames, to make room for better responsiveness from the system.

I also uploaded a demonstration video of it a few days ago. Check it out.

The script calls for this system are looking quite bare at the moment. Send some suggestions for more script calls.
Reply }
All demo links for this event system are down.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb [XP] Item Party Change Someone 1 3,442 04-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Vickarius
  Change Leader! (Snippet by Modern Algebra) PK8 2 7,014 01-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Last Post: FallenSolder