Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 MultiSlots!
MultiSlots!
Version: 3.5

Introduction
This system allows you to increase the number of armor slots for your characters and grants select characters the ability to use two weapons at the same time.

Features
  • Dual Wielding - Wanna use two daggers at the same time?
  • Two Handed Weapons - Can't use a shield when using these!
  • MonkeyGrip - Bypass all the limits of two-handed weapons
  • Cursed Equipment - Those pesky irremovable items ^_-
  • Switched Equipment - Trick players to equip cursed items!
  • Advanced Equipment Screen - Based on RPG Advocate's, shows more stats
  • Personalized Slots - Set up individual sets for each hero
  • Concealable Slots - Allow 1 or more slots to be invisible. ^_^
  • Offhand System - Prevents some weapons from use in off hand
  • Unarmed Combat Stats - Allows non-zero ATK/PDEF/MDEF values.
  • Optimize System - Lets you use an 'optimize' command on actors

Screenshots
None. But if you're familiar with Guillaume777's or Trickster's MultiSlot system, and RPG Advocate's Advanced Equipment menu... I kinda modeled its appearance on both.

Demo
MultiSlots!

Script
Four easy to use pages. (currently not updated)

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Instructions
Fairly easy to use. Enter key phrases or numbers into the equipment's name allows you to add extra features such as cursed items, or identify them for use in the newer slots.

Compatibility
Made specifically for use with RPGMaker XP and the RGSS code. It requires rewrites of a number of methods in Game_Actor, Scene_Equip and other classes.

Credits and Thanks
To my sister Kalier. :) Also thanks to Guillaume777, Trickster and RPG Advocate for certain codes and ideas. And thanks to Habs11 for finding a bug related to the different database sizes between armor and weapons. And to Cloak of Laser Cannon for finding a 'character switching' glitch to fix. And to sixtyandaquarter for the notion of the monkeygrip feature which lets certain players handle two-handed weapons in dual wield mode as if they were regular ones. After that, thanks to jccaton for noticing the irregularity with how stats showed when equipping either weapon or shield in the second slot. And to XP Kobold for noting how changed armor equipment slots did not retain their equipment as Guillaume777's system was able. Jojozityjo found a critical error that came about when initializing players that had no gear which interfered with the armor setup routine. And a related error was found by Yin of Save-Point for me to fix because an 'initialize' value was missing from the Game_Actor class. And a related error was found by Yin of Save-Point because an 'initialize' value was missing from the Game_Actor class. And thanks to Waddle-Dee who found an error with the Status window when she had used a shield/sword style combination on an actor set to dual wield. And lastly, thanks to Zefir who noticed that the second weapon used by dual wielders did not perform its designed battle animations, using only the first weapons in its place.

Author's Notes
I included an old copy of Me™'s Visual Equipment in the demo. It works with the system, but only for the default 5 slots.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use in games both commercial and free. Just give due credit.
Reply }
BUMP TO
Version: 1.3

Added a nice little touch to the system.

You can now have hidden slots in your character's equipment. They won't show up in the equipment menu so you cannot add or remove these hidden items except through script calls.

An example of such is in the demo.
Reply }
It seems that the code necessary to get a list of all the equipped weapons/armors changed. How would I do that with version 1.3?
Reply }
For the armors, I set up an array you can access. It is flexible so you can have different armor combinations for each actor:
Code:
for i in 0..$game_party.actors[1].armor_id.size-1
p $game_party.actors[1].armor_id[i]
end

Um, I didn't make weapons accessible outside the script itself. Just add a:
attr_accessor :weapons
to Game_Actor so you can access the weapons array the same as you can armor_id, though it only holds weapons[0] and weapons[1].
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
:D, Nice script!, mmm no RTAB support this time?..., i changed some @active_battler for 'battler', and some other lines, it works on the RTAB but i am not sure if it is bug free, what do you think?
Content Hidden
BTW, i remember a shop script you made for this, will you make it compatible with this new script?
Reply }
Oh, you mean the shop script addon for Guillaume777's system. This one doesn't need the shop script, or at least a basic one. I made an allowance in MultiSlots for the new slots already. Unless you mean the 'advanced shop' system.

There's an idea. Winking

Thanks for the scriptette for RTAB. I see a change in the system towards the bottom, but it shouldn't be difficult at all to make it cross-platform. Cheery That, and a minor feature I haven't added to this demo yet. Something very easy.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
BUMP TO
Version: 1.5

Modified the Scene_Battle code with a merger of PanchoKoster's RTAB edit with the default code. Now it is dual-platformed.

Also added a little extra so you can acquire the weapon IDs in a script call much like the example I gave Charlie Fleed earlier. Now you can get both Weapon and Armor IDs.

An example of such is in the demo.
Reply }
BUMP TO
Version: 1.6

Thanks to Habs11 finding a strange and curious bug, a new fix was installed into the equip method that related to the dual-wielding/sword & shield system and how it related to the different sizes of the weapon and armor databases.
Reply }
Awesome script! Finally an equipment slot modification script that actually changes the status screen as well!

One question though, how would I go about changing the equipment screen display size? See...I think it looks really weird to have to move the equipment positions to look at all equipment. You know, if you have 6 pieces of equipment you have to move down to see the 6th one? Also, the Hidden slots seems to have a few flaws. They are only hidden because they can't be highlighted, but if you make the 5th slot hidden, then you can see it, you just can't highlight it. Also, even when only the 6th slot is hidden, when I press Page Down to scroll to the next character, the current character's equipment screen scrolls down first, showing me for a split second the hidden equipment.

Just a few things I noticed. I have a few more ideas but they are more complicated and less important right now. Good job with this script!
Reply }
The hidden equipment is visible for a split second? I'll have to look into that. Perhaps it isn't resetting the index position back to '0' (the top of the menu). That should be an easy fix. But I do not have any plans to make the hidden slots jump around like hiding slots 3,6 and 8 leaving 1,2,4,5 & 7 visible.

Happy Not sure anyone thought of having that in their slot system. Hehehe.

As to showing more than 5 slots in their equipment menu, I design my scripts to be based on the default RMXP Menu system. Cosmetic changes such as that I generally leave to the end users.

BUT..... it should not be hard to increase the depth of the windows if you go into the initialize method of Window_EquipLeft, Window_EquipRight and Window_EquipItem. I started scripting just by poking around in there myself.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Auto Equip Optimizer for Guillaume777's MultiSlots DerVVulfman 1 6,203 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: buddysievers
   MultiSlots! Store Patch - Advanced Shop DerVVulfman 0 5,482 10-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman