Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 MultiSlots!
BUMP TO
Version: 1.7

Thanks to Cloak of Laser Shadow for making me notice a bug when switching between actors. It got noticed when he saw the hidden items show up when switching from one actor to another in the equip screen. Fixed now.
Reply }
Cool! It works right now. Every multi-slot equipment script I used did that, and it always struck me as peculiar. But my name's Cloak of Laser Cannon, not Cloak of Laser Shadow. Don't worry about it though.

Still, there is ONE thing that still bugs me that I forgot to mention. When you only have the default amount of equipment (5) but throw in a Hidden 6th slot, then there's an arrow below accessory to signal you can go down, even though you can't. Now, I could pretend the arrow is just pointing at the equipment you can use below...but...I don't know. It's very minor, nothing important.

Anyway, are you willing to take some suggestions for this? It's just, this is probably the best (or at least my favorite) multi-slot equipment script I've seen for RPG Maker XP...and there's some things I've always wanted to see for custom equipment type stuff.

You know how there are different slots for different armor types? You know, Helmet, Shield, Body Armor? But weapons are just weapons. No matter how many weapon slots you have, if you can use that weapon, you can use it in any slot. What if you wanted a character that could dual wield and equip axes and claws, but they could only use axes in their right hand and claws in their left? Is there any way to do that? It's just an idea I'm throwing out.
Reply }
Yeah. There are a few minor tweaks I'm looking into including that. It's annoying, ain't it?

Now limiting weapon selection based on weapon slots sounds interesting. Even better if I can get it to work for each actor. And I wholly understand because you would typically want only lighter weapons in your off-hand. I may be good with a sword (really ^_^), but I don't expect to be good with one in my left hand.
Reply }
Now that you mention it, I thought that Guilliaume777's multi-slot script had an off-hand thing, but I never looked into it. Or maybe that was a different script?

If you really are working on that (it would be really swell if you were!) then could I throw in the possibility of having...more than 2 weapon types as well?

Say I want a four-armed character who specializes with a different type of weapon in each hand. I have a few ideas I never started because I didn't think it would be possible. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything...that idea...has no real progress and no direction yet, I'm deep at work with a another project. But I think it would be a cool addition and could make the script really stand out more!

One other thing I thought of...what about...a character who can dual wield, who can use swords in both hands, but they can wield axes with their right hand and daggers with their left. Some weapons are hand specific, but some are not!

Sorry to bother you with all this.
Reply }
Yes, Guillaume did have an OFFHAND system, but IT SHOULD be possible to add more limits and features. I'm just taking my time and keeping it relatively organized and such. Guillaume told me he was thinking of rewriting his system to clean it up but later decided not. His 6.2.2 system was the final version. FYI: He's pretty cool. I asked him for the 'cursed' equipment feature back then and he added it within a week.

As to having more than two weapon slots, nah. I'm not expecting any characters like Mortal Kombat's "Goro" to show up.

However, I'm looking into making a character switch from 'dual wielding' to 'sword/shield' style automatically. Right now, you have to turn on a switch to make a character either 'dual wield' or use the 'sword/shield' style. It's not automatic. I wanna allow a player to equip a sword in a slot already holding a shield and vice versa without any problems.

That one's givin' me some headaches...
Reply }
BUMP TO
Version: 1.8

Well, thanks to Cloak of Laser Shadow for asking for an Offhand limiter in the system. While characters can use both hands for weapons, you can now assign some weapons to NOT be available in the 'offhand'. It would be kinda odd for someone to be able to wield a broadsword in each hand afterall.
Reply }
There seems to be a compatibility error with the Grouping and Detail script. I didnt even see that script on here so I dont know if its been updated or not. I have version 5.1.

When placed below the Grouping/Detail script, the equipment screen is frozen. You cannot move the cursor up or down. You can still change your weapon and there isnt any error so I think there just needs to be a minor adjustment. However if you put this above the grouping/detail script, then thats where you get an error popping up. Something about help window. Just thought Id share that.
[Image: crono.png]
Reply }
Thanks.

I haven't seen that error myself, but I do need to look into that as I'm currently compiling a 'set' of scripts for a little project. Also note that I have to work on my 'Equipment Sets' system to add compatibility with this system too.
Reply }
I've tried it with G&D.

Like I did with Guillaume777's Multi Equipment Slot system, I posted MultiSlots below Grouping and Details. You MAY be using an older copy of Grouping because I had that issue a long time ago. I am not getting the error you are describing though I did have that error over a year ago with G7's system.

Grouping does belong above MultiSlots.

But as of now, I just updated another script of mine to work with MultiSlots. Happy
Reply }
The "recursive" call within the equip method causes some very annoying side effects when you alias it. Would you consider changing that part? Happy with a sweat

EDIT: I'm working on a patch for my skills learning/equipment skills system. :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Auto Equip Optimizer for Guillaume777's MultiSlots DerVVulfman 1 6,290 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: buddysievers
   MultiSlots! Store Patch - Advanced Shop DerVVulfman 0 5,546 10-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman