Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 Forum Script Listings
[Image: hudbar.png]
Want a new bargraph? Want a heads-up-display on the map? Come on in.

Hud and Bar Systems: A-Z

Action Battle System Mini Hud VXA
SoulPour777 (February 27, 2014)

Creates a small hud on top or lower part of the character sprite to show HP, MP, and TP conditions of the present actor. This script is preferable to be used for Action Battle using games.

Actor/Enemy HP Bars
by Raziel

This script allows you to display the character's HP/SP and the Enemy's HP on the battle screen.

Age of Empires Hud VXA

Creates an Age of Empire like hud that shows the gold, wood, stone, iron and population.

Cogwheel Plug 'n' Play Menu Bars
by Cogwheel (December 9, 2004)

With this single script you can use CogWheel bars without worrying that they take up 100 lines per bar.

Cogwheel Style Menu Bars
by Syvkal (March 11th, 2008)

Inspired by CogWheel, Made completely by me ^.^

DoubleX RMMV Status Bars
DoubleX (September 16, 2016)

Lets you use bars to show battler statuses on their sprites.

Europa Universalis 3 HUD *Dead links*
Tigurus Fay (August 21, 2011)

A script I made because I am addicted to Europa Universalis 3. It just gives a HUD on the map showing HP/SP for 2 characters and more.

Europa Universalis IV HUD
Tigurus Fae (May 3, 2014)

An upgrade of my Europa Universalis III HUD script. This one allows nearly the same features and more! It looks way slicker, allows for 4 player party information instead of 2, minimap, time/date system, Party information (Gold and Party members) and a Logo. Only the Achievement Points and Script have been removed. This script will be part of the upcoming Prussian Interface Engine. This will be the stand-alone version of this script.

HP/SP Animated Image Gauge
by Cogwheel (October 15, 2006)

Originally posted in japanese, this is a translation of a script addition that displays a picture based fill bars for your actor's HP and SP.

HP/SP/EXP Gauge
by Cogwheel

Originally posted in japanese, this is a translation of a script addition that displays custom bar graphics for an actor's HP, SP and EXP values.

Hud Menu
by Raziel

A short script I did when I was bored. :P You can turn the Hud on and off by using a switch. It includes HP, SP, Exp and gradient bars.

Icon Bar
by Bearcat (November 14th, 2007)

This is a really simple script I wrote for my game and I thought that it might be useful for some other people. Basically, it makes a bar out of two different icons, an empty and a full one. It splits the icons into halves and makes a bar out of them (think the Zelda life bar with full, half, and empty hearts).

KSteps2Doom
by kyonides (March 20, 2024)

This script turns the map's encounter steps as a fixed number.
It features a simple HUD to let you know when you are about to trigger a random encounter on the current map.

KyoHUD XP
kyonides (June 5, 2016)

This is just some sort of hobby instead of a full fledged script. It's handles a very simple HUD that will let you check your party leader's name, his or her HP and SP and probably some AP or TP as well. It's supposed to show any kind of bars but I haven't taken care of it as of yet. The only curious thing about it would be that it includes a way to predefine where it should be placed on the map screen. I also started working on it's in game settings menu but you can only see the labels and nothing else for now.

Lycan Enemy Bars / MGC Mode7 Edit Patch
DerVVulfman (June 11, 2014)

This system is designed to permit the Enemy HP/SP bars from Lycan Enemy Bars to show properly with the slanted perspective feature of Mode7 by MGC.

Mary's Weapon Ammunition Hud
by DerVVulfman (December 14, 2006)

This system will display a numeric value next to your hero's battler if the battler is armed with a weapon that uses ammunition. For use with Taryn's Weapon Ammunition System only.

Melly-Mel's Calendar System - HUD Addon
Olivia (July 5, 2012)

This is a basic contimuation of the Calendar script found here. I found the script perfect for a project I was making, except for the fact it did not have a HUD showing the time, date and year. I coded it in with a simple and editable interface. It is plug and play, and still requires Melly-Mel's Calendar System.

MOG HUD Anpha Edition
by vietanh2108 (July 8th, 2009)

That 's noob edition of MOG HUD.

MrMo's Hud
edited by DerVVulfman (April 18, 2011)

This is a revised version of the Heads-Up-Display that accompanies Mr.Mo's ABS version 4.5 which returns the capability to alter the HUD's appearance and layout from a configuration screen, something not possible after many features were hard-wired into the code. Also, it now introduces a new ITEM Hotkey window and an actor's optional Face display feature.

Panik Value
by kyonides (December 28, 2021)

This scriptlet allows you to display a so called panic level on screen. You can change its current location by adjusting the values of the corresponding CONSTANTS found in the Panik module.

RMVXA Basic ATB Bar
DoubleX (August 22, 2015)

Aids other scripters to learn how atb system addon dependency can be solved

Rune Factory HUD
SoulPour777 (December 19, 2015)

Plugins that adds spice to the visuals of the overall game.

Select Key Item ACE

This script has only one mission: to display the Select Key Item window with style!

SephirothSpawn's Bars
by Raziel

An alternative to Cogwheel's Menu Bar's. It's also sexier. ;) Draws HP/SP/Exp and also parameters bars, whereever they are shown.

SephirothSpawn's Slanted Bars
by Kylock (April 24th, 2008)

Inspired by Syvkal (http://rmvxpuniverse.com) who ported Cogwheel Style bars to VX, I realized how much I missed Seph's Slanted Bars. So here they are. Just add this script and it'll automagically transform your HP and MP bars. Installation instructions are in the header of the script.

Soulpour - Advanced Lenneth Lifeline System
by SoulPour777 (March 12, 2015)

This script, inspired by the original by Hanzo Kimura, allows the characters to have a lifeline representation of their current condition and state in battle and in the Menu. Easier to configure, it is not the same as the original, but please credit Hanzo Kimura for the Original and the Graphics.

Sword Art Online Hud
SoulPour777 (February 28, 2014)

This is a script that creates a HUD, same with that of the light movel and anime Sword Art Online.

Trickster's Animated Gradient Bars for Limit Break (DVV)
by DerVVulfman (April 13, 2007)

This script is merely a single page based on, and utilizes Trickster's Animated Gradient Bars... an SDK 2.0+ script system. This is an add-on for use with my Limit Break script.

Vampyr's SBABS DVV Addon #1: HUD Item Counter & Skill Delay Bar
DerVVulfman (June 5, 2012)

This script enhances the HUD system for the Vampyr Squad Based Action Battle System (SBABS), in that it adds two features: A quantity display for hotkeyed items and a hud bar to show how long the player must wait to use a skill after one has just been cast.may use.

Vampyr's SBABS DVV Addon #4: No HP Bar Enemies
DerVVulfman (August 28, 2012)

This script lets the game designer prevent the display the HP bars of an enemy on the map. This works for both normal and boss enemies, so one may be able to hide just how difficult it is to kill an enemy or even how far they have to go to eliminate it. This may prove useful for game makers who wish to create events that may take HP damage and could be destroyed on the map. One such event could be a door whereby it assumes the damage statistics of an enemy and would be able to take a nominal amount of damage before being splintered... if you lost the key.

Reply }
[Image: journal.png]
If you want to be able to keep track of your adventure, a journal may help.

Journal / Quest Systems: A-Z

Jaberwocky's Quest Log
Jaberwocky (February 26th, 2007)

A visually enticing Quest system that can track a near limitless number of quests. Revised from Jaberwocky's original system, it now has a minor configurable section so you can keep track of your graphics and settings with ease.

Jaber's Quest Log v2
by Jaberwocky (November 24, 2009)

This time I chose to use a book-like format, because it fits better with my new menu-in-the-works than the scroll thing does. The code's a lot cleaner, the quests are easier to manage and organize, and you have -complete- control over the placement of everything in the description.

KDiurnalis
by kyonides (June 15, 2022)

This is a Party's Journal Script!
Tweak this script's CONSTANTS in order to customize the Journal Menu's GUI.
You can find them under the KDiurnalis module.
The demo includes examples of how you can easily add entry lines to an existing date.
It will automatically create a new date entry if the current date is different from the previous one.

KRumors XP ACE
kyonides (February 13, 2019)

This script lets you manage your beloved rumors! Shocked It might look like some sort of quest book but it is not. Actually it does not offer a way to finish quests because it is all about eavesdropping! You might get some sort of motivation to find out more about it by finding one or more items that might convince you of visiting distant places. You should know that it has implemented a reserves or reservists system, so it will never allow you to send active heroes to collect rumors. It will send extra heroes to the reserves if your current team exceeds the maximum number of party members.

Kuests Dynamis
by kyonides (December 9, 2022)

It is just another way to deal with the question of how to DYNAMICALLY create quests for
your heroes or even totally different parties, something that was not originally intended.
The script already includes basic instructions embedded in my comments.
Anyway, the best way to learn how to use it will be to take a look at the events.
Side Notes: Kuests Dynamis depends on its corresponding KButtonsManager script.

Kuests XP
kyonides (February 4, 2016)

This is another quest system that pretends to show all quest related info in a "non-regular RPG maker window" environment, meaning it won't display a single common window on screen but some sort of spriteset and background pictures to make it look different, a little bit more ancient if possible. This one is based on a previous work that I stopped developing back in 2012 that included all ye old windows being displayed all over the screen.

Lily's Librams
DerVVulfman (December 24, 2018)

This system allows you to have actual books, scrolls or the like within your game. These will have text and/or graphics within which the player may read. And the actual book content (except for graphics) is saved as rxdata files which may be compressed with the rest of your game project. As a bonus, reading a book or scroll may grant a hero bonuses and/or penalties while also allowing the memorization or loss of skills from the RPGMaker database.

Queen's Quest
By DerVVulfman (December 17, 2017)

In the spirit of such systems such as coolmariners98's Ultimate Quest, the Quest Log by Jaberwocky, and Kyonides's Kuests, comes another system for those to enjoy. This system is a quest log, allowing you to turn on, track, close and even erase quests from your system. Along with that, a slight bit of automation has been introduced, so some quests may automatically activate key events when they themselves are current.

Quest Book
by Zeriab (September 25th, 2008) [Image: Broken.png]

This is a fairly heavy quest book which provides an overview over a number of quests represented by pictures. Each of the quests can be selected and a window with quest specific details will be shown.

Single Quest Title ACE
by kyonides (May 21 2023)

A forumer once asked any of the available scripters to come up with a way to show the current quest's title on screen the same way the map name is displayed on the map.
Well, now it is possible!
The user also wanted to use some game variables that I hate a lot, but there is one that will hold the title until it gets replaced by a new one.

WCKuests XP
by kyonides (July 18, 2020)

This is just a simple attempt to make a Warcraft 3 like Quest Menu for RMXP.
No, I don't * care if anybody else already did this.
I started developing it because I've spent quite some time with the WC3 world editor lately. That's all.

Reply }
[Image: environment.png]
You wanna affect the weather, daylight settings or whatnot? Try these.

Environment Systems: A-Z

Battle Weather
SoulPour777 (November 18, 2015)

If you are using a weather in the map, you’d be surprised that the weather does not extend when you go into battle. This plugin allows you to retain your weather from the map into the battle. You can change it turned on or off via a script call.

Dynamic Weather System
SoulPour777 (November 30, 2015)

Plugins that adds spice to the visuals of the overall game.

FakeTime XP
kyonides (June 29, 2017)

This script lets you simulate the player is living on an alien or fantasy world where time isn't measured like we do here on Earth. You define how long a minute or an hour or a day last, etc. It will recreate natural effects like dawn, dusk and nighttime for you.

Kristina's Map States
by DerVVulfman (June 30th, 2010)

Based on the initial design of Prexus's Domain Effects system, this script grants the user the ability to apply certain affects to the actors on the map. This is of course dependent upon the map and what the actors have been equipped with.

Kylock's Time System VX
by Kylock (May 9th, 2008)

This script will track game time as well as automatically tint the screen for a day/night effect. You can make events dependent on time thanks to game variable output support. You can customize how dark you want it to be at what time.

MAWS - Modified Advanced Weather Script
by Agckuu_Coceg (February 26, 2010)

Based on AWS maded by Ccoa, it contains addons to the original script AWS, maded by greater scripter Ccoa. What's special about it? Practically nothing. I just added 11 special effects, which I found interesting and suitable for creating games of any genre. Naturally, 20 effects maded by Ccoa remains in place. Therefore, when replacing the classic AWS script for a new nothing will change.

MAWS VX
Ramiro (March 03, 2010)

Based initially on Ccoa's Weather System and the edits by Agckuu_Coceg, this is the RPGMaker VX version of MAWS which enhances the default weather system even more.

Melly-Mel's Calendar System
DerVVulfman (December 09, 2010)

Based on designs by Kylock and features employed by Near Fantastica in his original system, this Day Night system gives the user mastery over the time system in his project. By manipulating the script's configuration section, one can control how fast time runs in the game, the actual increments used, and even how many months there are in a year. The creator has full control over the game's calendar. Not only that, you can program weather patterns based on months or dates of your choice. Of course, using a [SET WEATHER EFFECTS] event works as normal.

Punky's RealTime Window
by DerVVulfman (Jan 26, 2008)

Wanna run a game that shows your REAL time or date instead of some arbitrary game time? Well, this does it. This system allows you to show your current and actual time in a small HUD window.

Soul Engine - Simple Automatic Day and Night System (SADNS)
SoulPour777 (March 1, 2014)

Creates a simple Day and Night System. Kono started this set-up and I tried to port it on Ace.

Time
Ixfufu (December 24, 2014)
Posted August 4, 2015

This is just a simple time system. It adds and tracks years, months, days, hours and minutes--and you get to set that actual playtime which is accounts for each.

Trickster's Time System
by Trickster ()

This allows your game to have time. Also includes a simple Day Night System. And Also you can setup events that happen at a certain time (ex. at 0 to 6 minutes past each hour, or on Tuesday March 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM to 4:00 the same day and year).

VX Weather Script
by Ccoa (January 15, 2008)

You can start and stop weather using the original event commands, however, you can start stronger and more varied weather.

Weather Script
by Ccoa (June 3, 2005)

Originally made for Scriptkitty, because the default weather effects are too sparse and uninteresting.

Window_PlayTime + Day & Night Settings Script
by kyonides (February 8th, 2008)

Actually this is a very simple script that allows you to set the current in-game time at any moment, i.e.

Your Current Time
by kyonides (November 25th, 2007)

Some time ago I was looking for a script that would allow me to replace the in-game time or play time with a e.g. PST or GMT

Reply }
[Image: storesinn.png]
These include item shops, custom inns, crafting halls or other niceties.

Stores and Inn Systems: A-Z

Advanced Shop Status Window
by RPG Advocate (unknown date)

This script upgrades the window that shows whether characters can equip the item selected in the shop goods

Buy-Only and Sell-Only Shops
RPG Advocate

This script lets you call shops that only allow buying or selling. The default shop type is a normal shop that allows both buying and selling. To get a shop that only allows buying or selling, you need to directly change the value of the variable $game_temp.shop_type using the "Script" event command. Valid values are 0 for a normal shop, 1 for a buy-only shop, and 2 for a sell-only shop. $game_temp.shop_type will automatically be changed back to 0 once the shop is cancelled.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Shop System
Mac (March 7, 2008)

Hello everbody and welcome to the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Shop, i have recently just upgraded and messed around with it to make it look even more like the FFTA shop, there is still quiet a bit more to do but i have almost completely finished it, but to finish this completely i'm going to have to create my own skill equipment system -_-...a challenge! ^_^

KDirtyShop
by Kyonides (December 28, 2023)

This script allows you to alter the normal behavior of the shop scene.
Now you can trigger a Common Event that makes the shopkeeper ask for some extra money before allowing you to purchase or sell any item there.

KGetRefund
by kyonides (November 17, 2022)

Have you ever considered implementing a refund badge like feature in your RM games?
Well, now you can do it!

KGlobalShop
by kyonides (January 24, 2021)

Normally any in game shop would only offer products or let you sell something to get rid of that nasty junk that has been filling your bag for quite some time. This script wants to allow you to sell them to a Global Shop. By global I mean it's a shop event you usually create but it won't eat the items you sell there as a hungry monster. Instead it will keep them and they will be available for other gamers.
Yes, my dear game developers! This is all about letting you exchange items between game saves!

KMarket XP
kyonides (October 13, 2012)

This script lets you recreate up to some point what a hero should experience while shopping at a supermarket. Instead of just viewing a long list of available items, weapons and armors, you can now check the shelves, read the product's name and pick a number of them.

KSkill Shop XP
kyonides (July 5, 2015)
Initial beta version (December 1, 2012)

Perhaps you wanted to allow players to choose what optional skills their heroes could learn by means of using some sort of item instead of just leveling up as usual. Well, this script makes it possible. You may either let the hero learn a skill they would normally learn at, let's say, level 50 whenever he or she has enough gold to make the purchase at a Skill Shop. Even traditional shops may turn into normal + skill shops. You don't want all heroes to learn other classes or jobs skills but want to let Alex learn a low level healing skill, you can do that!

KUnitsBank
kyonides (August 6, 2017)

This script is an add-on for my main KUnits XP, VX and ACE scripts, it provides many features available in some banking systems for XP, but it sure does look hotter if compared with them.

KustomShop
by kyonides (January 11, 2024)

Change the way your shop looks and even make it a purchase only store!
Or change the percent your heroes will get for selling their items!
Fine. Let them get a discount as well but don't spoil them too much!

KWorkshop XP VX
kyonides (January 8, 2018)

This is just another crafting system script, well, it also lets you reforge broken weapons and lift any curses found on them. I hope some of you might like it...

KyoDiscounts
kyonides (November 7, 2016)

This script allows you to setup a discount card and coupon system in your project so every time the player visits a store he or she may get a specific discount on a certain item available at the time. This benefit the player might get then depends on the percentage defined in the corresponding discount item price in the Item database tab.

KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan
kyonides (August 12, 2015)

This script allows you to open point exchange stores. If you have visited a fair or have played games like Pokemon where you could earn points at a casino, then you know what I'm talking about here. Players may get either gold, items, weapons, armors or skills at the store.

KyoGemBoost XP
kyonides (December 28, 2017)

Just lets you increase your hero's stats by crafting and setting special gemstones.

KyoShop Gems
kyonides (February 17, 2010)

This is a completely modified / extended version of the KyoShop Goods XP script.

KyoShop Goods
kyonides (February 13, 2010)

This Plug 'n' Play Scene_Shop / Window_ShopBuy mod lets you include all those items, weapons and armors you've sold during gameplay unless they're out of stock, meaning you bought them back... All items you included in any shop event are still available as usual.

Meph's Cooking System
by mephistox (July 27th, 2009)

Well, I saw a lot of Crafting, Alchemy, etc...Systems, but I didn't like any of those. (maybe the Lionheart....but not at all). I wanted a cooking system, where you can select the ingredients, the utensils, the recipe pot,.. all of all. so i created this long time ago, now it's time for you, to know it.

Miriam's HandiCrafts!
DerVVulfman (June 8, 2012)

Based initially on Prexus's Crafting system, known or recognized under the name of PrexCraft, this system takes an evolutional jump. With Miriam's HandiCrafts, you can let the player deal with learning recipes and create items him/herself, or go to an NPC who may have a few recipes that they may know and pay the NPC for the services.

Multi-Slot Store Patch
DerVVulfman (March 13, 2007)

This is a patch for the users of Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script. It replaces the def refresh of the SHOP_STATUS window to reflect the changes made by Guillaume777's system.

MultiSlots! Store Patch - Advanced Shop
DerVVulfman (March 8, 2008)

This script is a simple patch for use with MultiSlots! It allows you to see multiple weapon or armor slots in the actor's equipped window instead of the generic one-slot system.

OBLIVION-TYPE FURNITURE STORES
DerVVulfman (January 17, 2018)

Have you ever wanted to 'buy' a house and then add some furniture? Are you a fan of a game by Elder Scrolls that actually lets you buy and furnish a place to dwell. If so, this may be for you. This script will not actually let you buy a house. But it will give you the tools to le t store owners sell you furniture. With this script and its required essentials, your player can go and buy bedroom furniture just by shopping at the local store. And when he buys it, it's already delivered.

Skil Shop
Legacy (February 26, 2009)

This script enables you to have a shop you can buy/learn skills from.

Skil Shop
Trickster (January 7, 2007)

This script allows you to setup skill shops which sells skills. You may have requirements to purchase/learn the skill, such as: amount of exp, exp cost, gold, level, class, other skills.

Skyla's Unique Item Shop

This script allows you to include unique items into the inventory of select stores, whether they be weapons, armor, or general goods. These items can be bought once... and only once. The moment they have been purchased by the player, they disappear from the shop's inventory permanently. Not only that, but any and all shops that were setup to carry that 'unique' item are subject to the item being removed from their inventory.

Store Goods Wipe

This script is just something I cobbled together to erase the contents of a store's inventory before it is called. This is a useful script if the end-user is adding inventory itsms of their own and wishes to have only their goods rendered.

Reply }
[Image: saveload.png]
You want a new way to save and/or load your game? Come look here.

Save / Load Systems: A-Z

1 Save Slot / AutoLoad Saved Game
by kyonides (March 10th, 2010)

This is a simple script that allows you to save your game data in a single data file (not the 4 as always) and if you want to load it, it'll do it automatically.

Advanced Files
by Dargor (July 7th, 2008)

This script let you customize some aspects of save files. You can have as much save files as you want, change the filename, extension and directory of the files and have a confirmation window before loading or overwriting a file.

Drago Save Layout
LiTTleDRAgo (May 16, 2017)

Custom Save Layout with unlimited saves and file management.

Error message on corrupt files
by Zeriab (September 28th, 2008)

If a save file has become corrupted or something else causes the load process to fail you can use this script to display the error and allow the player to select another save.

Force Save before going to a new game
by PK8 (July 21st, 2007)

Before you start a new game, you have to save before you can begin your game. I've seen this done in some classic games.

Force Save before something
by PK8 (July 21st, 2007)

Create a new script, call it Scene_ForceSave2 and paste this script in there.
When saving, you cannot cancel out. You must save.

Game Disc 1 and 2. My first "script"
by PK8 (July 21st, 2007)

When the player saves his/her file on the first project (Not the copied one), make sure you tell the player to transfer or copy that file to the copied project.

[/Highlight]GlobalValues XP[/Highlight]
by kyonides (June 3, 2023)

Once upon a weird time, there was a forumer that wanted to rewrite many saved games for no good reason.
What if there was a better solution?
Yeah, like a Global Save File!
My scriptlet will handle almost everything on its own except for one single thing, namely the Game Over screen.
You got to make the script call by hand so to say.

KJustSave
by kyonides (December 1, 2023)

Do you need a simple save file manager to handle your saved games?
Then this might be the right script for you!
It will let you save and load your saved games.

KSafePoint
by kyonides (January 25, 2023)

I was bored and decided that I should make a Save Point Tent script of my own.
It will handle the items, the terrain tag, the charset, the music and the timer!

NickName: Custom Name Menu
by kyonides (July 18, 2010)

This script allows you to start a game in a Legend of Zelda fashion. You first select a save file, then you choose your name with a (non-standard RM) GUI and later you go back to the save screen where you can now see that your new save file shows your name instead of "New Game".

Personal Save Files
by Polraudio / Posted by PK8 (October 3rd, 2008)

Allows you to have up to Unlimited save files. You can have a name for your save files

Prompt for Overwrite Confirmation when Saving

This script modifies the save system so that if the player attempts to save in a slot already occupied by a save file, the game will ask for confirmation before overwriting the save.

QuickSave and Exit
by ParaDog
Posted by DerVVulfman (February 7, 2008)

This brings up an additional 'save' query before you exit.

Rataime's Image Save Files
by Rataime (August 11th, 2008)

This script allows you to save your game in .png (picture) files. That way, you can distribute, host and share them easily, for example as a forum signature. You can also use thumbnail views for quick sorting and browsing, given that you can put whatever information you want on the picture.

Save Corruption Script

This script is useful when you detect someone cheating. It will corrupt all of the game's save files so that they can't be read.

SaveUpdate Scriptlet
by kyonides (April 9, 2023)

There was a user that once wanted to add a very specific feature to the game header, namely the current map's name. Well, this scriptlet should let you modify all of your existing saved games by automatically adding that name to the hash for you.

Saving Temporary Actors' Data
Kyonides (September 6, 2018)

Well, you should know by now that it is possible to "save" data before you enter a battle... yeah by means of calling a script!
You can save the very same $game_party data BEFORE your enter the battle and without creating a saved file. In case the team loses, you would just retrieve everything from the temporary variables you would have created, i.e. $game_temp_party.

Sharina's Screen-Saves
by DerVVulfman (August 18, 2023)

This system allows you to alter the save-game window to include a screen-shot of the field map where the player and party are is traversing. Along with that, there are items which may optionally be shown within the save game files. The system also allows one to take advantage of two class-RPGMaker savegame scripts by RPG Advocate: the Unlimited Saves script which allows the game developer set how many save files may be recorded, and the Save Override script that brings up a prompt warning the player that an older save game would be erased in favor of the new.

Temporary Save Script
by Anonymous (Date Unknown)

This script will return the player to the title screen after saving his or her game. When the player loads the saved file, it is immediately deleted. This creates an effect like Breath of Fire 5: Dragon Quarter, where players have to save strategically rather than just try a dangerous area over and over again by reloading a saved game.

Unlimited Save Files

This script allows you to have unlimited save files. Only four files are shown at once, but the list can be scrolled.

Reply }
[Image: enemydev.png]
Systems that change enemy behavior or stats go in here.

Enemy Development Systems: A-Z

Bestiary
by Dargor (July 7th, 2008)

I felt like doing a bestiary, so I did one! It features a customizable enemy list, plays a BGM depending on the enemy, and more.

Bestiary Script
by Trickster ()
The Active Timer Battle System

This is a new bestiary script based on the Scan Window I created for my Stealing/Mugging/Scanning script. It also shows Enemy Hp, Sp, Stats, Enemy Weaknesses and Resistance Elements, Number of times Encontered, Number of times Killed, Maps Found, and a Description.

Demon Picture Book (aka The Bestiary)
by Momomo (February 17, 2005)

Translated from the original Japanese code, this script allows you to view information on monsters and enemies that you have encountered.

DerVV's Quickie Enemy Info Chance
DerVVulfman (June 28, 2015)

This lets you begin your own custom bestiary scan book where enemies start with nothing known about them except their picture/battler (not even their name)... and you have to keep battling them to fill their stats.

Enemy Action Selection Fix

This script fixes two annoyances with the way the standard enemy action selection method determines which action an enemy will take.

Enemy Action Sets
By DerVVulfman (February 28, 2021)

Enemy Action Sets is a system that allows you, the game designer, to give an enemy a completely new and more specific set of combat routines to perform whilst engaged in battle.

Enemy Challenge for Experience
by DerVVulfman (November 24, 2019)

Tired of letting gamers grind away hours fighting weaker monsters so they can level themselves up? Do you want to make sure they may only increase their character's levels by fighting monsters tough enough to give them a real threat? Then this script is for you. Inspired by a feature from iishenron's RPGMaker 2000 game "Three the Hard Way", this system calculates the combined statistics of every enemy in a troop to that of the heroes in the party. And as long as the enemy is not too weak, the party gets experience for the enemy's defeat.

Enemy Melee Status Attacks
DerVVulfman (October 13, 2015)

This little script corrects an oversight whereby enemies can inflict status ailments while performing a melee attack. This acts as a small level of as actor combatants had that luxury with their weapons.

Enemy Troop Extender
by SephirothSpawn (February 17, 2005)

This system extends the number of enemy battlers for a single TROOPS beyond the default maximum of eight. Yes, beyond eight in a single battle.

KBoomEffect XP
by kyonides (November 8, 2019)

Did you ever want your monster to explode if some normal or magical attack hit him? Now you can for sure!
You can make the monster explode due to physical or magical attacks or even both of them!
Warning This scriptlet does not depend on the default battle damage formula. It's quite weird, don't you think?

Kew XP
kyonides (January 23, 2019)

The script name is an acronym meaning Kyonides's Enemy Weaponry. Basically, you now let enemies equip a custom number of weapons. There is a simple script call you need to use before battle ever begins. Keep in mind it is an enemy based not a troop based script.

KFoesFly
by kyonides (March 5, 2024)

Define certain foes as flying battlers to make them a lot harder to hit by your poor heroes!
The script does not really alter the GUI at all, except for displaying a 0 as a failure.

KMonsterPals
by kyonides (October 25, 2019)

Well, did you ever wish to let your monsters exact revenge on a hero for killing its pal? Now you can do it!

KMonsterSacrifice XP
by kyonides (October 26, 2019)

Have you ever dreamed on a mob or boss consuming its pals to recover some HP or SP alias MP? Now that's possible! Shocked

KMonstersTerrain XP
kyonides (August 18, 2019)

This scriplet allows you to add a curious skill to your games, namely Terrain Transform! Actually it will only allow monsters to use this skill. It would be too convenient for heroes if they could also cast such spell.Of course, it does not stop right there, the script will also let you increase the enemy's stats by a fixed amount of points. So you could make a ghost get 100 extra HP for fighting in a cave or at some ruins. It does not prevent you the game developer to also decrease some of its stats. At the end it will depend on you if you want it to give the ghost some ghastly steroids or some panacea instead.

KMoreTroops XP
kyonides (November 28, 2016)

This quite simple scriptlet available in English and Spanish lets you include more than a single troop during battle. If you defeated the first troop, then another one might show up to finish the job or perhaps they would sacrifice themselves to let their boss smash the weakened heroes in a single blow. This script was created for the default XP battle system and compatible scripts, it just makes minor changes that shouldn't interfere in any way possible with other simple battle systems available out there.

KMustSurvive
by kyonides (February 18, 2024)

When I played Breath of Fire II back in the days, I noticed that there was a village where fights were a bit different. There you had to rescue the villagers by not killing them but just the scorpions that controlled them. You were still able to kill the people but it was not recommended.

This scriptlet would let the battle script judge the end result of the battle without any external interference. This means that you will not be in a dire need to keep checking your enemies' current HP every single turn via event commands!

KTroopStates
by Kyonides (February 14, 2024)

Do you need to inflict a certain state to your enemies from the very beginning?
Then this script is perfect for confusing or even enraging them!

Kread's AI Packages
by Kread-EX (May 5, 2010)

This script provides pre-programmed AI Packages, in order to make your life easier when you want to create intelligent enemies. Note that this is only a tool, meant to be used in conjunction with battle events, and doesn't dispense the developper to put a little effort in designing the enemies. Misuse of this script can result in horribly overpowered monsters. Warning given. Although developped for XP, this script is cross-engine and will adapt itself to RMVX.

KUnitsFoes XP VX & ACE
kyonides (August 13, 2017)

Just another bestiary crafted to be used with my main KUnits scripts. It includes curious transitions whenever you change the current page. There's some kind of ticker you can use to tell the player what buttons to press or just have fun by showing playful messages there.

Leveled Enemy Lists
DerVVulfman (September 12, 2019)

Have you even thought... my random enemies don't seem to match my heroes when they engage them? Have you ever thought that maybe you could swap out the enemies in your Troops with other enemies if the average party member's level is high enough? Now you can.

MrMo DVV Add-On #3: Cassandra's Personality Edit
by DerVVulfman

It enhances the way enemies behave on the field map. So rather than them running blindly to the hero, they may back off and use distance attacks. Or the enemies may even run away when a fellow enemy dies.

MrMo DVV Add-On #12: Ryda's Improved Vision
By DerVVulfman (September 1, 2010)

This script refines the way enemies on maps can detect each other, utilizing a refined version of Near Fantastica's View Range script. With this addon, objects and impassable tiles may now hinder their ability to 'see' targets.

MrMo DVV Add-On #20: Vicki's Passable Enemies
by DerVVulfman (July 12, 2011)

This script allows you to have targets that the player may walk through. Normally, only solid enemies may be shot with ranged weapons, but this system lets you create enemies with the 'through' state.

Random Monster Groups

This script allows you to set up monster groups composed of random enemies.

Troop : Self Switches
Kain Nobel (February 2, 2013)

I was eventing introductory messages for some of my troops, and I was wanting to disable it with a simple self switch. The only roblem? Troops don't have self switches! Well, not they do, thanks to yours truly!

Victor Engine - Multiple Troops
by Victor Sant (December 21, 2011)

This script allows to set more than one troop to participate in battle. The basic use for this is to pass the 8 enemies limit for a single fight.

Yin's Extra Troops
DerVVulfman (December 20, 2011)

With this, you can make a battle have more than two troops engaged at the same time. All actions in the troops window are based on the initial troop that's called when entering a battle (random battles, map event 'Battle Processing'). So the battle conditions in the second troop will not come into play. The only caveat to this is that the enemies in the second troop will not be controlled or a part of the first troop's event system.

Reply }
[Image: actordev.png]
Features that change individual heroes belong here.

Actor Development Systems: A-Z

ACE HP or SP Recovery Rate
by kyonides (January 11, 2024)

By default the VX ACE engine offers you 1 Sp-Parameter to alter the HP and the SP Recovery Rates.
This script lets you keep their increase rates separate!

Actor and Class Stat Growth
by Trickster ()

This is a script I wrote in about two hours that changes the level up system to where it is defined as a random growth or percentage growth.

Actor Cloning System
by Charlie Fleed (February 09, 2010

This system lets you make copies of actors in the database and add them in your party. It can be used to implement a pets system, a character-creation system or stuff like that.

AktorTraits
by kyonides (June 26, 2023)

A forumer once asked for a very specific script to be made, a Trait System for the player's mobsters.

Ally AI
by Trickster ()

This is a fairly advanced script that allows some of the party members in battle to be controlled by an algorithm I made up. The algorithm is setup up to ten different variables aggressiveness, magic_casting, item_using, supportive, defensiveness, intelligence, cautiousness, laziness, cowardice, and strategist. The script also comes with an implementation AutoBattle command which just runs the algorithm and chooses the action for you

Class Changing Skill Fix
by Trihan (Date Unknown)

This script corrects a problem with the default scripts and enhances the class system. In the default scripts, a class change won't affect the character's skill list. With this script added, a character will forget all skills from his former class and learn all skills on his new class's skill list up to his current level. Additionally, you can exempt certain skills, or all skills from an entire class, from being forgotten in this way. This can be done on a global or per-character basis.

Code Mora : Morality Engine
BeJeremiah (July 23, 2016)

A modified my Morality script from my old game, Code MORA. This script gives actors a native alignment of "Neutral", "Bad", or "Good" based on points labeled as dharma.

Custom EXP Curve and Editor
by Dargor (November 24, 2007)

This is the new version of my crappy old 'Reseted EXP' script. Basicaly, it works like FF Tactic EXP system.

EXP Reserves
by kyonides (May 22, 2020)

These scriptlets are focused on reserving exp your heroes gained after defeating those pesky monsters. You can enable or disable it at any time, but only if you follow my instructions. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Good and Evil script
by Leon (March 21, 2007)
Posted by Chaos_Prime

Say you break a vase or steal from a shop then you'll use $game_actor[1] < 3 and Aluxes will gain 3 evil points. But if you repent and take the item back or pay for the damaged good you'll call this line $game_actor[1] > 1 to regain some good points.

Hero Stuff
by G@MeF@Ce (2010 to 2011)
(Posted March 9, 2021)

These are just a few of my old scripts that got a make over (and boy did I find many lines of useless code). One demo with three scripts, a Swap Leader once made for XAS, Double Tap to Dash and Blur, and a Hero Mini Hud.

Jobs System
by Charlie Fleed (October 13, 2010)

This system allows your characters to have jobs and learn skills for each job by spending job points acquired in battle. A character may have one or more active jobs, as well as one or more passive jobs. Both active and passive jobs allow you character to use the skills acquired for those jobs, but only active jobs get job points in battle.

KBareHands
by kyonides (August 31, 2021)

This scriptlet lets you add base attack, physical and magical defense to any hero. It could be especially useful for barehanded martial artists.
Those stats might also get increased per every level the hero gains. They can be increased or decreased by using script calls.
If you ever consider that to be pretty boring, then let me tell you that you got an alternative, namely the "Preferred Stat" option!
It will add the totals of all 3 stats to the preferred one while the others get no boost at all. This can be altered in game at any given time.

KBareHandsLotto
by kyonides (September 2, 2021)
Introduction

Do you recall a script called KBareHands XP? Of course you do! It is the very same script that allows you to alter a Orson hero's ATK, PDEF and MDEF in a unique way.
Well, now it has got a brand new custom menu to make it easy to change a hero's preferred stat in game.
Customizing the GUI is optional for it seems its a good looking one. Even so you can do that if you modify the values of the Constants found in the KBareHands::Picture and KBareHands::Stat modules.

Kitsune's Extra Statistics
DerVVulfman (April 8, 2012)

This script is a model to allow a game designer quickly add leveling actor and non-leveling enemy statistics such as Strength, Desterity and the like. These stats must apply to both player and enemy as they are a part of the battler class.

Klass Change & Skills
by kyonides (May 28, 2023)

Perhaps you have NEVER EVER noticed that there is a missing feature (bug?) in all of the RPG Maker editions regarding the class change and its corresponding skills.
Pick either XP or VX ACE or even MV and you will get the same result, your hero could change his or her class indeed... at a cost of not learning anything already listed in his or her new skillset! NOTHING!
Here comes my scriptlet to let you solve this issue in a couple of creative ways!

KLevel XP
Kyonides (June 28, 2018)

Did you ever consider forcing your heroes to level up via consuming items? Well, this script makes it possible! Still, it does not replace the original experience system that lets you level up after defeating monsters... unless you take advantage of its new experience points disabling feature!

KLevelChange XP
by kyonides (September 30, 2021)

This is a simple scriptlet that will let you call common events whenever the hero levels up or down via gaining or losing experience points, thus changing his or her current level, or by leveling up or down directly. Please read the instructions embedded in the script to learn how to set them up.
There is also the possibility to trigger it randomly by changing the LVLUP_ACTIVATION_RATE or LVLDOWN_ACTIVATION_RATE.
Set their value to 100 if you always need them to get triggered by the system.

Level Up Common

This simple scriptlet will let you call a given Common Event by configuring the ACTORS_EVENT in such a way that it will find the target actor's current level and call the common event if any was found.

Manual Experience Table Enumeration

This script allows you to define a character's experience requirements for each level manually.

Personality Levels
SoulPour777 (May 2, 2014)

A custom scene that displays Personality Levels for each character, composed of Courage, Understanding, Diligence, Knowledge and Expression.

PhantomVamp's Preternatural Afflictions
by DerVVulfman (unknown date)

Wanna deal with nasty bloodsuckers in your game? Wanna have your heroes BE the undead or nasties? But then again, maybe they're specially blessed! Increased abilities than the normal hero! This script gives your world an extra push into the world of supernatural entities: The PreterNaturals.

Rose's Transformations
DerVVulfman (March 5, 2011)

Monster evemtss can change their appearance on the map. Enemy Battlers may be able to change and evolve with ease thanks to some crafty coding. But what of your actors?

This script can let your characters shapeshift and blossom.

Soul Engine Ace - Breath of Fire IV - Will Parameters

This script creates a parameter growth per level up for each actor who possesses a unique ‘Will’. This system was first introduced to me by Breath of Fire IV. All the Wills you will see on the script are purely based on Breath of Fire IV, however, I indicated instructions on how to customize, create, and design your own Will. The Wills change the growth of your character when they level up. Aside from the natural growth you have when your character levels up, the Wills would change or add those parameters. This script needs the Character Core system.

Soul Engine Ace – Character Profile
SoulPour777 (March 3, 2014)

This script allows the developer the option called Profile, where more info for each character present in the part can be viewed by the player.

Soul Engine Ace - Dragon / Enemy Evocation
SoulPour777 (March 7, 2014)

This script allows you to transform into a different actor image and skill list. This mimicks somehow the transformation done on Breath of Fire. However, the skill list is taken from the enemy and not the actor.

Stat Distribution System
by Aisur - a.k.a Lettuce (May 1st, 2008)

If you have played online game before, you will notice that some of them give you points upon level up and let you increase your stat as you like instead of having a pre-determined stats. This script mimics that system.

States Activation System
by Charlie Fleed (February 2, 2010)

This system lets you select a set of states that can be activated/deactivated from a menu window. Each character has an amount of STAPs (Status Activation Points) and each status costs some STAPs. Characters earn STAPs as they level up, and the user can customize the amount of STAPs available at each level independently for each character. This way the system will work with any passive augments system that relies on states, like my battle system.

Stats Generator
by Trickster ()

This script emulates the database's generate curve feature, so that you can define a starting value for a stat (at the minimum level) and a maximum value (can be over level 99, if you wish) and the growth (expressed as a ratio of early and late growths) and this script will generate the values for every level.

Weaponless Aktor XP
by kyonides (January 2, 2024)

Perhaps you didn't notice it before but RMXP has no default ATK or PDEF or MDEF or EVA value for actors.
You're supposed to equip a weapon or some piece of armor in order to get those badly needed points.
Well, not anymore! Now you can set an initial value and even change it during gameplay!

Reply }
[Image: partydev.png]
Things that affect the party as a whole are in here.

Party Development Systems: A-Z

Changing Party Order
by Yargovish (unknown date)

This script adds a command to the menu that allows you to change the order of your party. When you select the command, you chosoe a party member. Although it won't appear to have done anything, you then choose a second party member, and their party positions will be switched.

Character Selection Script
by Selwyn (June 19th, 2006)

This allows you to make a party by selecting the characters that will be in it.

Day Care
by Trickster ()

This script acts as a day care (training if you will) center where you can store your actors and leave them there, and while you are adventuring they get experience / level up.

Exseiken's Party Switch
by Trickster ()

A Version of Exseiken's Party Switcher that I rewrote, I did do a few minor graphical modifications to the script, but nothing major.

Extra Gold XP & ACE
by Kyonides (September 9, 2021)

Usually you could just change a method in the Game_Party class to set a permanent limit for the amount of gold the party can keep in its purse. This scriptlet pretends to override that by allowing you the game developer to change the Maximum Gold Limit in game at any given time.

FFI Party Select
by Trickster ()

This script is a copy (not 100%) of the Party Selection screen from Final Fantasy I. It gives you some classes to choose, you choose one. Enter a name and you are done.

Forgotten Heroes (KFH)
by kyonides (July 9, 2010)

This menu script allows the game maker to reduce the player's current maximum party size at any time if deemed necessary.

Job Stat Modifier
buddysievers (May 15, 2012)

With this script you can have class specific actor stats. Like in Final Fantasy XI - Online when you switch your class the stats will get increased or decreased.

KChangeMember
by kyonides (October 1, 2021)

Had you ever needed to let a new hero inherit an old hero's equipment?
Did you ever want to let a newcomer learn some of a former party member's skills?
Well, now this scriptlet will let you do those things with a few simple script calls!
Please read the comments embedded in the script to learn how to use the script calls.

KPartyActors
by kyonides (December 29, 2021)

Usually RMXP lets you upgrade your heroes by leveling them up. This script completely changes that reality by introducing a party level handicap of sorts. You can't keep leveling up if the party as a whole doesn't do the same.
It also sports the custom skills and battle skills features. Now your heroes can only use their preselected battle skills during those tough battles!
I guess that adds some level of complexity and promotes the development of strategies and tactics in game.
Warning! I have overwritten a few default methods so please read the embedded comments first.

KScenario XP
by Kyonides (June 23, 2019)

This scriptlet should let you choose a starting hero and then send him to some available destination in no time!

KUnits
kyonides (July 8, 2017)

It's a simple script that lets you change your current team during gameplay.

KyoNewParty XP
kyonides (March 18, 2010)

Just a simple menu where you can select any hero from your actors database. You cannot make a party bigger or larger than 4.

Left Behind
kyonides (October 1, 2012)

This script lets you drop off any of your actors or all of them but one at any time by just including a very simple script call. It creates new events if needed or just add commands to an existing event depending on which map you should find the actor(s) you dropped off a while ago. The map coordinates might be manually, automatically or semi-automatically setup.

Main Character Select Screen
Raziel (October 24, 2006)

Basically it's a character select screen where you can select the character you want to start with.

Multiple Parties
Dargor (March 7, 2008)

This script let you have as many parties as you want. Parties have their own inventory, gold, steps, members, etc. It can be used to make special dungeons that requires more parties like in Final Fantasy 6. Also, this script is independent from the Custom Commands and Party Changer scripts. However, this script will gain features when used with the latest version of my Party Changer (version 3.1).

Party Changer
Dargor (March 7, 2008)

First of all, hello everybody! I'm Dargor. This is my first post on this forum but I'm not new to RMXP. That's not a welcome thread so I'll stop it right there! This is Dargor's party changer!

Party Changer
Dargor (March 7, 2008)

This is an RMVX version of my Party Changer script! It does not contains all features from my XP Party Changer but I'll add these features gradually.

Party Changer
by Leon Westbrooke
earthboy (March 6, 2008)

This is a simple party changer I found it on RMRK, it's Leon Westbrooke. The features and how to use it are described inside the spoiler

Party Splitting
RPG Advocate ()

This script enables management of split parties. Once the player splits the party using the interface, you can press Z on the map to change which party the player is controlling.

Party Thievery
by DerVVulfman (July 18, 2023)

In most traditional RPG games, the player may scavenge through castles and homes without any issue. This system doesn't (as yet) apply any penalties, but allows you to separate and classify these items as stolen goods.
You will find both items and stolen items separately within the item menu, a custom glyph atop the icons for the stolen goods. And unless the shopkeep is a fence, you will find it impossible to sell your ill-gotten goods.

Reply }
[Image: map.png]
Systems that change the way the map moves or operates are in here.

Map Systems: A-E

3D Dungeon
by Sabakan
Posted by JayRay

JayRay: This guy (or girl) has seemingly created a different version of the MCG FPLE, and this one actually looks to be better than I could have imagined.
DerVVulfman: "Whether he saw or didn't see MGC's system, it is an RPGMaker VXAce script demo blog with a vialble demo download"

Advanced Event Triggers
by Near Fantastica (July 11, 2005)

This script give you control over events like you never had before..."
1. You can now use script calls to trigger events...
2. You can use as many calls as you need...
3. You can use Logic opperators like AND OR NOR NAND XOR XNOR

Ancient RM2K Isometric Engines?
by TanatosMaker (???)
Posted by JayRay (February 25, 2017)

A collection of early open demos, both RPGMaker 2000 and RPGMaker XP for isometric map movement.

Animated Parallax
by SoulPour777 (November 17, 2015)

Animates your static parallax.

Anti Event Lag Script
by Near Fantastica (June 12, 2005)

This script uses my view range script to limit which events are being updated... therefore a large map with lots of events 300 + can still run at 40 fps... this is probably not a final version as I can think of a few more ways to limit event lag...

It removes the events from updating and the events sprites from updating when it is out side the screen (2 titles out side) auto start and parallel are not included in this though.

Anti Lag VX
by Anaryu (March 4th, 2008)

Welcome to the second script I've bothered to release, this one is rather unique and fixes the problem that both RMXP and RMVX share: serious lag as the amount of events on a map is increased.

Auto Populate Maps
by Charlie Fleed (June 12, 2008)

Hi all. This is a small script that lets you populate a map with monsters for "on-map" encounters. Enemies will be placed randomly on the passable tiles of the map. Please note that these events are generated on the fly. So, while you can use self-switches as long as you stay in that map, everything is reset when you exit from the map and re-enter.

BIG MAPS
by DerVVulfman (July 12, 2017)

This allows you to chain multiple maps together to make one hellacious big honkin' map!

C-TT(Colméia - Transition to Teleport)
by zecomeia (December 28, 2009)

Permit execute a transition when teleport.

Call Event
by woratana (May 5th, 2008)

It's a little snippet that will add thing like event command 'Call Event' in RM2K.

If you haven't use RM2K before, 'Call Event' use to run event commands in other event.
Basically, it's similar to 'Call Common Event', just change from common event to event in map.

I also added option to use call event with event from other map.

Call Map Event
by DerVVulfman (December 5, 2011)

Okay, it sucked that RPGMaker XP dropped this feature, but it wasn't hard to code after looking at the default 'call common event' command. It creates a new 'event' accessibility to the events of a map, so it has to be below Game_Event at the very least. Other than that, it merely creates a new method for the Interpreter class which does not interfere with any other system. It should be compatible with all other scripts

Call Event VX
by woratana (May 5th, 2008)

It's a little snippet that will add thing like event command 'Call Event' in RM2K.

If you haven't use RM2K before, 'Call Event' use to run event commands in other event.
Basically, it's similar to 'Call Common Event', just change from common event to event in map.

I also added option to use call event with event from other map.

Camera Scroll EX
by SoulPour777 (November 24, 2015)

Plugins that changes or adds features to the overall gameplay mechanics of the default engine.

Change Map Tileset
by Ryethe (May 5, 2005)

This script restores yet another missing feature in RPG Maker XP relative to RPG Maker 2000 and 2003. This script allows you to change the tileset used by the current map. This is especially useful on maps that use multiple elevations, since you can change the tileset priorities as the player changes elevation. Adding this feature merely requires you to insert this script above main.

The Charlie Mini-Map / Dynamic Maps Patch
by DerVVulfman (June 22, 2020)

This is a crucial patch required for anyone using the redesigned version of the "Passable Mini-Map" by Charlie Fleed, and the upgraded version of Near Fantastica's "Dynamic Maps" script, both of which were released by DerVVulfman. Without this patch and the instructions that are contained within, the proper display of the mini-maps will falter.

Charlie's Mini-Map Extended
by DerVVulfman (June 4, 2020)

This is a mini-map script. In that, it renders a scaled-down version of your game map on your screen, depicting the player and surroundng nearby events visible. But unlike other mini-map scripts, this one generates and saves the map as an actual .png format image file.[/FSLText[

Charlie's Passability Mini-Map VX
by Charlie Fleed (July 20th, 2009)
[FSLText]This script draws a mini-map indicating the passability of each tile and the position of the player and some other map objects. The mini-map does not consider blocking events except those using graphics from the tileset. In that case the through check-box is also considered.

Choices Change Events
by kyonides (February 20,2024)

Allows you to have a defined map event graphically update as you cycle through Show Choice options. You only need to paste my scriptlet in a new slot in the script editor, pick a game variable to hold the event ID.

Copy Events XP
by DerVVulfman (January 29, 2024)
based on Fomar0153's work (January 8, 2012) for RPGMaker VXAce

This script allows you to copy an event from one map to another. Please note this does not save them to a map, you will need to add them every time. You could use this to set pre-defined events within a repository map and copy them in on an auto event every time you enter the town for example.

Dynamic Maps Expanded
by DerVVulfman (July 26, 2017)

This script allows the user to allow the contents of their maps retain their settings prior to exiting or teleporting. This means that events that have moved on a map, or have changed their graphics through a simple self-switch, do not reset if the player leaves the map and later returns.

Dying on Game Map
by Arbiter (November 18th, 2007)

Well I noticed a while ago by chance that you can't die on the map (outside of battle) which is a bit daft to leave that feature out, also when you are at zero hp and you enter battle only then do you get the game over screen. Now I don't know how many of you know the fact that when your party dies on the map from terrain damage nothing happens until you go into battle, but for those who do and haven't solved the problem here is an easy guide.

ELSA (Event Layering Script Advance)
by JayRay (February 24, 2015)

Layered Events!! This script, based upon DerVVulfman's 'Events Always Under' script, allows one to allowr more mapping options for RPG Maker XP and VX. Three Events can go UNDER the ground tiles. Now, you'll probably never need more than that, but this allows you to have large event floor tiles, smaller accents on top of them, and then maybe even smaller accents on the accents! Or use the layers for water effects, lava effects and more, as the events can be animated. And you can use his variation of the Always Over Events which he finds useful for creating rooftops for houses, making Huge Windmills with events moving over one another, or the like.

Event Comment Conditionals
by Ixfufu (December 24, 2014)
Posted August 4, 2015

This script creates new conditions for event pages. In other words, you can have pages that change based on things like gold amount, weapon equipped, even actor parameters.

Event Distance Sensor
by SoulPour777 (November 26, 2015)

Plugins that changes or adds features to the overall gameplay mechanics of the default engine.

The Event Extenders
by Grimimi (August 31, 2012)

Event-making is a thankless discipline because it often requires a lot of patience to do things that can be very easy to conceive. This package grants you some easy-to-use commands to aid n the making of event-based systems. While new event makers may not compete with more experienced event system creators, the package should help them started.

Event Location Saver
by ixfuru (August 18, 2013)

This script allows you to save the location of events on the map through transfers. The script uses short script calls to perform the procedure. You can save all event spots or even release all saved event spots with simple calls as well. Further instructions are in the script.

Event Spawner Fixes
by DerVVulfman (March 14, 2013)

Located within are a collection of individual patches that changes the behavior and/or performs repairs to the Event Spawner script by SephirothSpawn from 2006. His script works fine by itself, however these may assist users of his system when creating complex features. So herein, you can find fixes for Event Erasure, Event Adding and ID number generation.

Event Transparency
by DerVVulfman (August 7, 2012)

This script is simple in premise. If you walk behind an event with a special code attached to its name, that event may become transparent so you can see the player behind it. A useful script if you have large forests or mazes filled with tall or large objects.

Events Always Under
by DerVVulfman (February 22, 2015)

This script is designed to add a new parameter to events that are drawn on the map, the ability to be drawn below the traditional ground level. This "Always Under" flag, the polar opposite of the "Always On Top" flag, will have the event drawn at a -1 z-depth, which will force it to be rendered under the base ground layer, but still above the panorama graphic.

EventRegionBox
by kyonides (August 11, 2023)

The present script allows you to restrain the movements of any given event to a very specific region on the map.
If there are multiple areas on the map with the same Region ID, that Event will simply stay in its respective area.
If a given Event's Region ID has never been defined, that Event will move randomly and there is no way to know where it may go next.

Expanded Encounter Areas
by DerVVulfman (July 19, 2019)

This script allows the game developer to designate areas within one or more field maps to have designated areas where additional enemy troops may be encountered by way of random encounters.
It allows for a change of the number of steps required to trigger any such random encounters and is compatible with Big Maps by DerVVulfman.

Extended Random Encounters
by Kread-Ex (June 14, 2010)

For the random encounters lovers out there (bleh), here is a simple script to make them slightly more interesting. First, a colorful circle to know when the fight will start. More red the circle is, closer the battle is. Secondly, a Gust-ish system to allow a maximum number of battles for each area.

Extra Autotiles
by SephirothSpawn (June 3, 2007)

This script was designed to allow you to add more than 7 autotiles to your maps. This is not the easiest script to work with, as you have to specify which autotiles are on a certain tile based off position and layer.

Extra Terrain Tags
by DerVVulfman (October 18, 2013)

This script allows you to have more than the default 0-7 terrain tags in any individual tileset of your choice. You do this by adding or altering values within the configurable MAP_TERRAINS set of hash arrays. A must for anyone who extensively uses terrain tags within their projects.

Reply }
[Image: map.png]
Systems that change the way the map moves or operates are in here.

Map Systems: F-Ma

Falkoner
by kyonides (July 24, 2023)

Someone once asked for a script that could let some sort of airship or Crow bird travel around the world freely.
Yet, there was one weird condition, it should only land on the player himself. This is where my script comes in to solve your issues!
Just press a predefined button, and it will take off!
Press the OK button when it has returned to its owner and you've finished your exploration session!

Fog of War
by Wachunga (December 6th, 2005)

A map specified as having "fog of war" has tiles that are (fully or partially) obscured until the player gets within visual range. The amount of fog of war to disappear as the player moves depends on the visual range specified. Gamers with experience playing Real Time Strategy games like Warcraft, Age of Empires, etc. should be quite familiar with the concept.

FPLE : First Person Labyrinth Explorer
by MGC (March 28, 2010)

This script - or more likely this engine - provides a step-based first person view, to emulate the kind of displacements in games such as Etrian Odyssey (Nintendo DS) or Class of Heroes (Sony PSP).

FPLE2: First Person Labyrinth Explorer v 2.0
by MGC (January 15, 2012)

This version is still a work in progress. Some graphics bugs exist, and the 360* movements is just for testing purposes for now, since it doesn't trigger events or battle correctly. As the engine supports 360* movements and a lot of new stuff about the tiles like heightmaps, the rendering is less accurate than with the version 1. So if you don't need specific FPLE2 features, go on with FPLE1.

A good map name show
by Ramiro (November 5, 2009)

Well loooking a nice map name show, i decided to make my own one, its full customizable and has a nice effect :P This is the first script posted here ^^

GubiD's Isometric Maps Package
by DerVVulfman (June 20, 2014)

This system contains three scripts within one demo; GubiD's Isometric Maps, the Isometric Maps Drawer and the Hovering Tile Event Patch. The first two systems were by GubiD, with the basics of the Isometric Map system by MGC and Siegfried to allow one to create and render isometric maps such as those in games like Diablo or Baldur's Gate. The third is a patch by DerVVulfman that allows the game designer to make extended catwalks that the player can both walk over or beneath and create elevator tiles.

H-Mode7
by MGC (December 22, 2010)

This new system emulates the Mode7 feature of NES/SNES games with an enhanced 3D feeling, including heightmaps so screens no longer have a paper flat feel. This script is not suited for RM beginners.

House Decoration System
by mephistox (July 27th, 2009)

This Script allow you to decorate, put furnitures, and other types of objects to one Map(eg.House). This Script simulates the 'Pokemon Secret Base System' or 'The Sims'.

Icy Floors
by Syvkal (November 10th, 2007)

This enables floors to have properties of Ice and you slide across them

Immense Events
by DerVVulfman (December 26, 2015)

The RPGMaker series recognizes that events occupy a single tile space on the map. However, this includes events that have been assigned graphics that exceed the tile borders. This system allows you to set the number of tiles an event can occupy.

Importing FPLE maps in RMVX
by MGC (May 1, 2010)

As the mapping in RMVX is not suitable for the FPLE script, here is a solution to import FPLE maps created with RMXP directly in a RMVX project.

Importing H-Mode7 maps in RMVX
by MGC (March 7, 2012)

This system allows you to import H-Mode7 maps created with RMXP directly in a RMVX project. Normally, RMVX runs at 60 FPS. That means potentially more lag. If you experience lag, try and unckeck the "Reduce screen flickering" flag (F1). This may help.

Importing H-Mode7 maps in RMVX Ace
by MGC (October 20, 2012)

This system allows you to import H-Mode7 maps created with RPGMaker XP directly into an RMVX Ace project.

Initial Switches and Variables
by PK8 (July 12th, 2008)

This script sets which switches are turned on by default as well as initial values of any variables. Useful for system eventers, also useful for any user who may have an event system in their game that requires switches to activate.

Isometric Maps: MiniMap DVV Patch
by DerVVulfman (June 25, 2014)

An add-on to GubID's Isometric Maps, this script allows you to utilize the minimap system by DerVVulfman. Without this patch, DerVVulfman's minimap would appear empty under most circumstances as isometric maps use virtually no passible/impassible flags.

Isometric Maps for VX
by GubiD (April 8th, 2008)

An Isometric Engine compatible with RPG Maker VX, with a built in Jump ability, height management, and a 4 directional pixel movement script. No screen shots because its pretty much self explanatory.

Isometric View
by MGCaladtogel and Siegfried
Edit and Translation by GubiD (February 2, 2008)

This allows you to create the game you have always wanted in RMXP! This script takes the standard movement and character placement and tile rendering to Isometric, which is 2.5D. What does that mean? You can now create games that incorporate height and a semi 3d look without actually being 3d! Of course this means that there will be a lot of spriting of tilesets, but the capability is there.

KAirShip VX & VX Ace
by Kyonides (October 27, 2012)

This simple script lets you make the player think they can take a look at a ship or airship rooms, gallery, etc. while riding them by just pressing a single button. No, the ship or airship won't move an inch while you're inside striving to open a hole on the women's bathroom wall. Do you need to go back to the map the ship or airship is currently located? No problem, go back to the main ship or airship map and press the same button to get automatically transferred to the original map.

KCheckEventByCoords
by kyonides (November 6, 2015)

This script allows you to quickly find the specific event your hero is looking for (while you're not always expected to figure this out) by eliminating the need to loop through all the map events and replacing it by a more specific search method.

KEvents XP
by kyonides (February 24, 2016)

This scriptlet allows you to show up an NPC's name or even some sort of quest icon (24*24px) if needed. (OK, I can't guarantee this won't generate some lag if more than 10 events are displaying these sprites.)

KEventual
by kyonides (March 22, 2024)

This scriptlet of mine allows you to copy local or external events to the current map. It is quite easy to use.
By the way, you can also delete them or restore them at will! Shocked

KMapSign RG
by kyonides (July 22, 2020)

This is just another customizable map sign script to let you pick the best way to display the current map's name and even use a customized name you set during your gameplay!

KMapData
kyonides (July 1, 2020)

Did you ever want to keep track of how many chests the player has found? Or did you need to record how many traps the player has triggered so far? Or you wanted to save which switches the player turned on and off and in which order he did it?

KPass
by kyonides (January 10, 2019)

This script is supposed to be used as a means of blocking access to certain zones or maps in your games. The implemented method here is a passport! Your heroes might get one from the very beginning or never ever or after a while, that depends on you! Plus passports can be renewed as well! It only supports a single nationality via the land method.

KSetTilesets XP
by kyonides (April 29, 2023)

This scriptlet should let you set a new tileset as the default one for any given map via script call.
The main idea behind it is to replace the default tileset with another one with some tiles changed for any specific reason, like different house facades or withered trees or an open well or all of them at the same time.
It is pretty much like a method to stop making dozens of events to cover those areas. This might be especially useful if the changes are supposed to last for a long period of time or even for the rest of your game.

KTelePort XP
by kyonides (August 28, 2012)

By pressing a customizable button on the current game map, this script will allow the player to be teleported or transferred to another map via a scene that shows you a map, its name and all cities on it but no windows, only sprites. By pressing the keys you may move the sword like cursor. The cursor will turn into a red cross or x whenever you get a location you can't go to because you are already there or it's forbidden for some reason known to the game developer. By pressing a button you may change between maps and cities.

Kyrie Engine – Animated Parallax EX
by SoulPour777 (January 18, 2014)
Posted: Feburary 26, 2014

This RPGMaker VXAce system allows thee to have an animated parallax instead of the default movements such as the OX and OY methods. This script was based from Mog’s Animated Panorama.

Kyrie Engine – Tile and Region Flash
by SoulPour777 (January 22, 2014)
Posted: Feburary 26, 2014

This This script allows the game creator to flash tiles and region ids by the use of Color Values. SoulPour thanked DiamondAndPlatinum3 for various Bug Fixes and help on Color Conversions

Large Door Fix
by kyonides (September 11, 2023)

Have you ever noticed that all doors that are more than 32 pixels wide are automatically centered by the default event scripts?
There is a reason for that effect. They are supposed to be used as a single event that is wide enough for your heroes to slip into important buildings or dangerous dungeons. Nonetheless, that doesn't look quite good while waiting to enter a modern or futuristic supermarket, does it?
That's exactly why you need to grab this script!
It will make it possible to use it as if you had placed 2 door events in a row.

Limited Sight Ex
by SoulPour777 (November 19, 2015)

I know how much we love to make Horror Games for RPG Maker. With this plugin, you will be able to limit the player’s sight or visibility range, to create that seemingly isolated range for your characters.

[/Highlight]LoopUpdateCMD[/Highlight]
by kyonides (March 11, 2024)

This scriptlet lets you create an update method that will refresh everything on screen while forcing the player to trigger some button to break the loop.
Take in consideration that the loop event command was not meant to be used this way. Thus, there was a need to create a simple way that could let you enable the Input.trigger? method almost as if you were creating a custom scene of your own.

The Lycan ABS Isometric View Patch
by DerVVulfman (April 16, 2014)

This system is designed to allow users of the Lycan ABS to work with the Isometric View system by MGC, translated by GubID. This would afford you TRUE Isometric map action rather than using the pseudo-system built into the Lycan ABS. In addition, it performs a repair to GubID's system by permitting autotiles to function in the isometric maps.

The Lycan ABS Isometric Maps Patch
by DerVVulfman (June 20, 2014)

This script allows the game designer to use GubiD's Isometric Maps system to function along with DerVVulfman's Lycan ABS. It lets full isometric movement to occur and sets up proper mouse control.

Lycan ABS / MGC Mode7 Edit Patch
by DerVVulfman (June 10, 2014)

This system is designed to permit the graphic features of Mode7 by MGC and the Lycan ABS to work together.

Map : Change Encounters
by Kain Nobel( )

I just created this so you can change map encounter list and step values... normally, you'd probably find yourself copy/pasting duplicate maps to have different encounters, but now you don't have to! It'll give your project just a little less weight, as far as 'duplicate maps' go

Map Credit
by woratana (June 8th, 2008)

Anyway, this script has same way to setup the credit, but the different is CREDIT WILL SHOW IN MAP!! Why the credit in map is better? Because you can move event, show picture, do other thing else while credit text is scrolling. :)

Map Infos
by Trickster ()

This mini-script, loads data from RPG::Map into RPG::MapInfo.

Map Scroll Advanced
by JayRay (May 16, 2014)

This scriptlet will quickly jump to specified coordinates from where the player is, in any direction, without having to scroll a map up, down, left, and right. It may have been done in a different form before, but I thought I'd share this one.

MapSteps
by kyonides (June 21, 2023)

All editions of the Maker offer you a way to assign the Party's Steps to a Game Variable. Normally, that's all you ever needed to do right?
What if you actually needed to keep track of the current map's steps only?
Here's where this scriptlet comes to help you achieve your stepping goal!

Map Tileset Changer during the game
by Narzew (March 25, 2012)

Script maked by me for Dragon_Kamillo request.

Map Viewer
by ComputerWiz007 (July 13, 2009)

This script is very simple, it displays a image preferably your map image and displays it in a window.

MapEffects for Whiteflute's Bitmap EX
by Narzew (March 25, 2012)

Welcome. I upgraded Whiteflute's Bitmap EX scripts, by map effects. Looking at the script, you'll see what it does when used with Whiteflute's Bitmap Extension. It lets you rotate, mirror, blur and perform other effects on map tiles, even autotiles. But, those effects are only generated thanks to Whiteflute's system.

Maplinks
by Icarus Featherfight (August 14th, 2008)

This script allows you to quickly tile maps together to create continuous regions without using any transfer events. Allow your party to roam free throughout the land. This script can handle just about any combination of maps you throw at it!

MapSwitch! VX
by PK8 (July 7th, 2008)

Introducing MapSwitch! This script will activate switches automatically on entering specified maps. It also deactivates when leaving specified maps.

MapSwitch 2 for RPG Maker VX
by PK8 (July 3rd, 2009)

Okay so when a player enters a certain group of Map IDs, a particular switch would activate. When the player leaves one of those Map IDs, the switch that activated upon entering in the map would deactivate as well.

MapSwitch! XP
by PK8 (July 7th, 2008)

Introducing MapSwitch! This script will activate switches automatically on entering specified maps. It also deactivates when leaving specified maps.

MapSwitch 2 for RPG Maker XP
by PK8 (July 3rd, 2009)

Okay so when a player enters a certain group of Map IDs, a particular switch would activate. When the player leaves one of those Map IDs, the switch that activated upon entering in the map would deactivate as well.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Text Scroll Script - Enhanced DerVVulfman 23 29,451 02-18-2021, 04:16 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Cursor Script Selwyn 7 12,967 09-28-2019, 02:13 PM
   ACBS FIX SCRIPT #2: Advanced Cry Correction DerVVulfman 1 3,855 08-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Last Post: aeliath
   ACBS FIX SCRIPT #1: Victory Cries Patch DerVVulfman 1 3,843 08-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aeliath
   Archived Script Listings DerVVulfman 9 33,303 01-08-2019, 04:27 AM
   Spritesheet Generator Conversion Script DerVVulfman 0 3,533 11-21-2018, 04:48 AM
   Neo Mode 7 Script by MGCaladtogel MGC 59 110,528 09-29-2017, 03:48 AM
   Longer Script Calls LiTTleDRAgo 0 4,301 05-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Last Post: LiTTleDRAgo
   SLOLS: Snake Look-alike on Load Script Zeriab 3 10,082 05-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Last Post: LiTTleDRAgo
   Character Select Script Selwyn 3 9,398 03-07-2017, 04:14 AM
Last Post: JayRay